The BritList: Taylor Swift Corn Maze, Man Bun Fedoras and More
Halloween is in full swing here at Brit HQ, and we’ve got a whole slew of clever costumes and surprises headed your way in the next few weeks. Until then, hopefully the cast of the Grand Budapest Hotel and 5 Ways to Be Beyoncé will keep you sated.
This 12-acre corn maze is real, and it’s #taylormade ;) Read all about it over on the Washington Post.
Whether we’re styling the man buns of our friends or chronicling the growth of one cheeky editor’s very own would-be bun, we’re pretty on board with the man bun trend. However, something we are NOT on board with is a tiny fedora designed for your man bun. TOO. MUCH.
3. Zac Posen x Google’s Made with Code Dress: Geek becomes exceptionally chic in this collaboration between Zac Posen and Maddy Maxey, a 22-year old Made With Code mentor and fashion technologist, in partnership with Google. It’s a dress whose design was coded by girls who just learned how to code. So cool.
4. Travel Jewelry Organizer Kit ($39): Like to keep your jewelry on display when you travel? This DIY kit is definitely for you. It’s easy as ever to pack (just squeeze it right in between your Kindle and your Moleskine) and makes it easy to find what you’re looking for quickly, even when you’re on the road.
5. Metallica Beer: Exit light. Enter BEER! #wereofftoneverneverland
This quirky Instagram feed is chock full of all sorts of punishment.
7. Open Puppies: It’s a site dedicated to endless looping photos of puppies being cute. Bookmark it now.
8. DIY Supply Crush // Gold Foil: Love the look of gold leaf? Gold foil transfer paper is one of our most recent obsessions — it lets you iron gold onto pretty much any piece of fabric you can find. It even works on wood, cork and paper!
10. The Fresh Pins: Yes, yes and YES. I need that spray paint can pin ASAP.
11. 100 Years of Hamster Beauty in 60 Fascinating Seconds: And finally, the moment we’ve all been waiting for. A deep dive into the evolution of hamster beauty and fashion over the last hundred years.