The New Korean Beauty Trend You Need to Know About
Have you noticed the latest influx of imported beauty cushion compacts? No, not the CoverGirl powder compacts your mom/grandma used to use. Known as Korea’s best-kept beauty secret, these products are everywhere — small foundation compacts that require a puff or your finger to dab the foundation onto your skin. Cushion compacts were exclusive to BB and CC creams here and there, but thanks to popular demand, we’re now seeing cushion-themed blush and concealer. From everyday beauty to special-occasion products, here are eight must-try items.
1. Peripera Ah, Much Real My Cushion Blusher ($16): An adorably packaged liquid blush can instantly wake up your face on even your dullest of skin days. This dewy finish is perfect for a glowy effect.
2. ETUDE HOUSE Magic Any Cushion ($30): A multi-functional base is all you need to prep your skin for the ultimate stay-all-day look. You can apply this cushion compact’s formula all over, or just in those much-needed spots.
3. Peripera Peri’s Cushion Lips ($14): Giving lip color a refreshing punch, these cushion-controlled applicators allow for just the right amount of pigment. Guaranteed to give you all-day color, this formula stains your pout for a smudge-free day.
4. IOPE Air Cushion Sunblock XP ($40): A cult favorite, this compact is rightfully dubbed the “Six Second Compact,” as one is sold every six seconds. With light coverage, this compact comes with a skin-perfecting antibacterial sponge to help apply the air-like formula.
5. Too Cool for School Dinoplatz UFO Multi Box ($27): Here’s a multi-tasking kit that fits comfortably in your clutch! This pint-size kit packs some serious must-haves with a BB cushion compact, primer, concealer and highlighter all in one place.
6. Laneige Watery Cushion Concealer ($27): Long-lasting and medium-to-heavy coverage with a light feel? We can’t think of anything else you would need in a concealer. Doubling as a moisturizer, this concealer is an amazing addition to your under-eye routine.
7. HERA Cushion Liner ($32): Take this cushion makeup trend to the next level with a liquid gel liner like no other. No need to pull or tug on the sensitive skin of your eyelids; this formula is opaque and glides like a dream.
8. TONYMOLY Crystal Cushion Eye Pot ($7): Easily apply this wet-to-dry formula for a lasting, glittery look. The creamy texture is easy to work with, whether you’re using a brush or your fingers to apply.
Know of any other awesome products jumping on the cushion compact trend? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)