The last few weeks of December are upon us, and that means only one thing: parties, parties — and did we mention parties? From ugly sweater get-togethers to office potlucks to all-night New Year’s Eve bashes, your calendar is so full of soirees you’ve had to push your late-night date with Netflix to 2015. To help you perfect a dazzling holiday look, we’ve rounded up 15 glittery, shimmery, all-around-gorgeous makeup tutorials to get you through the next few weeks. So grab your shadow palette and get primping.
1. High Contrast: Rim your upper and lower lash line with an intense jewel tone, like aquamarine, and then add a touch of gold below the brow for extra sparkle. This high-contrast makeup is perfect for a pumped-up holiday look. (via Makeup Geek)
2. Heavy Metal: Channel your inner rock goddess by smudging dark eyeliner in a metallic shade on your upper and lower lash line. You’ll definitely have a rockin’ good time on NYE wearing this look. (via The Beauty Department)
7. Popping Peepers: Champagne won’t be the only thing popping at the NYE party when you walk in. Dab a glittery shadow on the inner corners of your lids and voila. Be sure to pair it with a bright lipstick for a smile that stuns too. (via Makeup.com)
9. Just a Touch: Get a subtle shimmer by using a shadow stick; just draw a line on your lid and smudge it with your finger. Someone will definitely be meeting you under the mistletoe when you sport this sweet look. (via The Beauty Department)
10. Do the Twist: For a glittery look with a twist, try lining only your bottom lid with a shimmery shadow. Leave your upper lid nude and just add a defining cat eye. It’s as simple as that. (via Divine Caroline)
11. Smoldering: To get that classic, moody smokey eye, try brushing a deep metallic eyeshadow all over your lids. Avoid using black eyeshadow though, so the look doesn’t read as goth — unless you’re skipping the holiday bash to attend a Metallica concert. (via Vivian Makeup Artist)
13. Shine Bright: Go all out by adding a stripe of glittery gold shadow to the center of your smokey cat eye. It’s sure to catch and reflect a lot of light, and maybe even a cutie’s eye. (via Miss Beauty Adikt)
14. Pretty Pastels: Trying to incorporate all the colors of the rainbow in your wintertime look without looking too “out there”? Stick to soft, pastel shades, like the pretty blues, pinks, and yellows used above, and you’re good to go. (via Linda Hallberg)
15. Golden Sunset: With gold eyeshadow blended horizontally out to the eyebrow, this is a look inspired by the sunset — so you know it’s perfect for all the after-dark shenanigans you’ll get into on December 31. (via The Beauty Department)
Which makeup look will you be perfecting for an upcoming holiday party? Tell us in the comments below!