20 Rooms That Prove You Need a Daybed in Your Life
Daybeds are beautiful, comfortable and totally multifunctional pieces of furniture that are becoming increasingly popular, especially in smaller spaces. They’re smaller (and deeper) than a sofa, making them perfect as a reading nook, napping HQ and even an impromptu guest bed. Not only do they have several purposes, but every room in your house could benefit from the addition of a daybed: Nurseries get a spot for sleepy parents to rest, porches get a glam perch and even the home office could benefit from a lovely seating area for brainstorming. Looking for inspiration for how to incorporate a daybed into your home? Here are 20 dreamy daybeds that’ll give you an idea of what you can do with one in your own home.
1. Next Level Daybed: Kendall Jenner may have brought us the indoor hammock, but Shay Mitchell is totally rocking the daybed trend. She transformed a corner of her workspace into a lounge area with this stunning raised and tiled daybed. (via Wayfair)
2. Reading Loft: This raw wood frame, bright red cushion and these colorful patterned throw pillows nail the equation for the perfect daybed in this kid’s room. Add some extra magic with a sheer canopy to take story time up a notch. (via Emily Henderson)
3. Pastel Patterns: It doesn’t get more beach perfect than this pretty rattan Lulu & Georgia Phinny Daybed ($3,525). See — small space solutions can be really chic, not just functional. (via Lulu & Georgia)
View this post on Instagram
Or enjoy moving them around the home. Our daybeds look perfect in any space. Just like this gorgeous dining area styled by @littlelibertyrooms . pic @jeremyblodephotography #sitkadaybed #daybed #styleperfection #littleliberty #superstylist #madeinaustralia #australia #melbourne #sitkaco
A post shared by SIT-KA co. (@sitka_co) on
4. Cozy Up: A daybed can be a genius way to break up an open living plan without impeding foot traffic. This free-standing daybed acts just like a normal piece of furniture, except way cooler, obvi.
5. Reading Nook: Plywood isn’t usually the first thing you think of when you think of a cozy reading nook, but this daybed proves a simple structure can look stunning when paired with the right cushions and pillows. Steal this look with neon yellow, a few geometrics and a little extra space at the end for a tray of hot drinks. (via BoligLiv)
6. Funky Rustic: Not only is this the perfect place to rest your feet with a magazine, but this daybed is set up right in the corner, so you can chill without getting in the way. The little chest nearby is an easy way to store a few candles and your current reading picks. (via KK Living)
7. Built-In Boho: Building a daybed right under the window is a great way to make the most of your space and enjoy the natural light while you’re snoozing, er, catching up on your latest read. Plus, you can use the space underneath for storing extra blankets and throw pillows. (via My Domaine)
8. DIY Minimalist Daybed With Storage: Add a custom-built daybed to your home to create the cutest reading nook. Make the platform a little bit larger than the mattress or sofa cushion and you’ve got a side table already included. (via Proper)
9. Velvet Chic: Daybeds aren’t the old-fashioned pieces of furniture you remember from your grandma’s guest room. This rustic wood frame and orange Rohini Velvet Daybed Cushion ($179) create the perfect boho-chic vibe. (via Urban Outfitters)
10. Texture Happy: A little leather goes a long way. The slim, modern shape of this daybed paired with rustic textures like fur and mudcloth create a natural oasis that really works in this living room.
11. Porch Living: Skip the porch hammock and turn your outdoor living space into a perf lounging area. You can pile your entire squad into this deep daybed, add a couple of poufs for footstools and mount a projector for the most amazing movie nights ever. (via Apartment Therapy)
12. Tassel Up: This outdoor living space will have you dreaming of warm summer days. Acting as a statement piece, your porch won’t need much more than this daybed to look completed. Well, this and maybe a glass of iced tea. (via Domino)
13. Rolling Along: Don’t think daybeds have to be fancy or expensive to play a starring role in your living room. Take a note from this rolling daybed that offers a functional seating option complete with handy storage. Yes, you’ll never lose your magazine again. (via Cup of Jo)
14. Neutral Nursery: Why yes, your daybed CAN be a real bed too, especially if you put one in the nursery. Make those late nights and early mornings a little more comfortable with a full-length daybed that can double as napping HQ. (via Camille Styles)
15. DIY Mid-Century Daybed: The soft gray materials of this DIY daybed look comfortable beyond measure. The sleek shape keeps it from overwhelming a small space, while still providing a place to Netflix and chill. Or just chill. (via Sugar & Cloth)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by SINNERUP (@sinnerup_dk) on
16. Clean Lines: Still not sure if a daybed fits your style aesthetic? Try totally minimal. This sophisticated shape and monochromatic color scheme will have you wishing this was your living room.
17. DIY Plywood Daybed: The best part about a daybed is that it’s so multi-functional. Reading nook? Check. Impromptu bed? Double check. This DIY plywood daybed is a genius way to turn an awkward corner into a glam living space. (via The Merrythought)
View this post on Instagram
my happy place🌿 -- hey darling friends, Sorry for not replying to your kindest, loveliest comments or visiting your beautiful pages lately. I'm having some health issues due to a fall while walking my dog. It was traumatic and painful, I'm pretty badly banged up but I will be okay. Thanks again for your love and support!XX -- malian mudcloth, kuba cloth (congo) pillows, moroccan pouf, moroccan beni ourain rug, plants
A post shared by apartmentf15 (@apartmentf15) on
18. Outdoor Happy Place: This darling outdoor space is brought to you by a mix of all of your favorite elements: rich color, mudcloth pillows and TONS of plant life. A variety of wood textures throughout the space really nails that boho-modern style on this mini patio.
19. Rockin’ Rattan: This chic rattan daybed is proof that a monochromatic color palette totally slays in a gender neutral nursery. A fluffy white rug, striped linen throw pillows and blush pink accents perfectly complement the statement wallpaper to keep the space bright and modern. (via Emily Henderson)
20. Corner Views: This dark blue daybed and hot pink rug are a surge of color and energy in a mostly-white living room. The patterned pillows and luxe texture of this daybed give it a high-quality look that’s preppy perfection. (via Apartment Therapy)
Are you tempted to embrace the daybed trend? If you’re looking for more creative decor inspo, check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.