Where to Snag the Best Shopping Deals for Your Zodiac Sign
Here at Brit + Co, we believe the following style truths to be self-evident: A red lip can make all the difference, fall is fashion’s favorite season and a little retail therapy never hurt anyone, especially if you score a killer deal. That’s why we love a good discount store or website. The satisfaction from snagging a dress at 60 percent off or spotting a shoe you bought on sale is unrivaled. Simply put, saving money at these stores just feels *good*. But if the world of discount shopping leaves you feeling overwhelmed, fear not — we’ve got a new approach for you. Why not let your zodiac sign point the way? Your sign can reveal a lot about your personality and in turn, your shopping style. We’ve done the decoding for you and found your perfect match for your star-crossed shopping spree.
1. Hautelook: Methodological minds (aka Virgos) love this retailer for its highly organized promotional calendar. New sales hit the site each day at 8am and 1pm Pacific, which makes it so easy to pencil in shopping breaks. And if your analytical mind has you second-guessing your latest purchase, fear not — returns can be made at a Nordstrom Rack within 90 days. How easy is that?
2. Buffalo Exchange: Social butterfly Libras don’t just look forward to a day of shopping with their best gal pals, they live for them. This is the perfect spot for a Libra to indulge in a little shop talk. Their tendency toward indecisiveness means second opinions from friends, stylish strangers in the fitting room lines and of course, trend-forward sales associates are always welcome.
3. Neiman Marcus Last Call: Determined to track down the covet-worthy item you just pinned? Yep, you sound like a Scorpio to us! Your tenacity will power you through racks upon racks (or, if you’re online, pages upon pages) of duds before finding your eventual gem. Department stores’ outlets and factory stores can be a tad overwhelming, but we’ve never known a Scorpio to back down from a challenge. Plus, you know that the thrill of the hunt makes the score that much better.
4. REI Garage: Nobody loves adventure like a Sagittarius, so don’t be surprised if you feel a bit of a rush the minute you unlock the outdoor gear superstore’s best deals. Just head to the REI Garage section of the website to start saving big. From outdoor apparel for your most rough-and-rugged adventures to camping (or should we say glamping?) gear, REI Garage will be your new favorite destination.
5. Barneys Warehouse: Always responsible and pragmatic, Capricorns have mastered the art of adulting and, as a result, know the power of a great investment piece. They’re more likely to skip passing trends and pay a little more for cool classics that will outlive the flashy fads. Consider Barneys Warehouse your stylish little secret for scoring everything from a power suit to a killer going-out dress, and say goodbye to buyer’s remorse forever.
6. YOOX: An Aquarius is a true original, always progressive and on the hunt for the next big thing for their wardrobe and their walls. This discount retailer serves up fashion-forward frocks, daring shoes and even Scandinavian home decor — aka, it’s your new happy place. Pick up under-the-radar pieces that’ll have everyone asking “Oh my god, where did you find that?”
7. Rue La La: Pisces love a good pun, and boy does Rue La La serve ’em up! (In addition to of-the-moment styles, of course.) This discount shopping site is pretty much the closest thing to shopping with a trusted fashion editor. A Pisces’ friendly personality is a perfect match for the tone of this site; look for curated collections with amazing names like Instant #StreetCred and The Off-Duty Model Look.
8. Gilt: Courageous and confident, no one likes to be first like an Aries does, and if shopping was an Olympic sport, they’d score gold every time. That’s why an Aries will thrive on this flash site where the goods go fast, but man, are they good. Your quick clicks and determination will score you designer denim and vintage Louis Vuitton at a fraction of the cost.
9. Banana Republic Factory: With this factory store, the always reliable Taurus has met their match. The chic, budget-friendly version of the mall chain is an old favorite that we just can’t let go of. From nine-to-five essentials to weekend #OOTDs, this shopping spot is versatile enough to tackle it all. Check the site often for a steady stream of cool classics that you can always count on for their exceptional quality and timeless look.
10. DSW: Rest assured Geminis, we’re here to put your hesitant shopping minds at ease. Geminis will love that this discount shoe haven lets you do your own thing. You can try on pairs on your own time without having to flag down a sales associate. Your curious minds can run wild while you leisurely browse each aisle, tirelessly examining every last detail before decided to pull the purchase trigger.
11. Saks Off 5th: Deeply sentimental and nostalgic, Cancers can appreciate the value of a long-standing brand that consistently delivers amazing results. Saks Off 5th takes a cue from its parent department store and showcases time-tested designers that your mother grew up with (think DKNY and Celine), as well as new favorites that you’ll love (think Acne Studios and Hale Bop.)
12. Bluefly: Let’s be honest, Leo. You’re driven and passionate, but you’re too busy being a #girlboss to spend all of your time scouring the web for the best deals. Bluefly breaks down their top promotions with a straightforward design and a no-frills experience. They bring the best front and center, so you can spend less time shopping and more time plotting world domination (in a great pair of shoes, of course).
Looking for even more style inspiration? We’ve got plenty of that on our Pinterest.