8 DIY Baby Blankets That Are Just as Cute as Kate’s
Princess Charlotte is less than a week old, but it looks as though the royal baby is already a trendsetter. When Kate and Will stepped out of the hospital to offer the public a glimpse of the newborn, little Charlotte was swaddled in a white scalloped shawl made by family-owned company G.H Hurt & Son. Fun fact: it was the very same blanket Prince George was wrapped in. Not-so surprisingly, when folks figured out where it was from it immediately sold out.
While you could add your name to the waitlist, you could also opt to simply take some inspiration from Charlotte’s blanket (which retails for about $103) and instead make a custom creation for your newborn. If you’re up for the latter option, here are 8 baby blankets that will help your little one enter the world in style.
1. Crochet Edged Blanket: If you’re looking for a super simple option, this one might be just right. Pick any flannel fabric you like and add a handmade touch with this easy-to-learn crocheted edge. (via Purl Bee)
2. Chunky Baby Blanket: Not so great at crocheting? Try knitting instead. This super cozy pick will definitely keep your baby nice and warm, and the bulky yarn will also help to make this a relatively quick project. (via The Merry Thought)
3. Scalloped Baby Blanket: If you’re looking to copy the delicate, scalloped style of Princess Charlotte’s shawl, try this crocheted beauty. The pattern is definitely going to be tricky for a beginner, but hey, you have nine months to practice, right? (via Big A Little A)
7. Granny Square Blanket: Let’s get a little more color up in this business! While this one is definitely super stunning, we’re not going to lie to you — it’s going to take a while. But just think of all those hours as quality bonding time between you and your little one. (via Sarita Creative)
Did you make your own baby blanket? Share a picture with us in the comments below.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.