How to Turn a Clothing Rack Into a Vertical Garden
Think you don’t have space for a garden? Think again. This DIY vertical garden is made with a clothing rack, macrame planters, and as much greenery as we could squeeze in. It works indoors or outdoors and only takes five minutes to build. So whether you’re patio-less, backyard-less, or are just looking for an excuse to double your plant collection, this easy project is calling your name.
Materials + Tools:
- If you’re adding color, first follow the step-by-step below.
- Using rope, fasten the macrame planters to the clothing rack.
- Carefully add in the potted plants.
If you want to gussy up your clothing rack with some color, try this color-blocking trick with spray paint:
- Measure and tape off about one foot of the top of each clothing rack arm.
- Spray paint one color above the tape, then let it dry.
- Remove the tape, then re-tape the arms just above your spray line.
- Spray the bottom half of the rack with your second color.
- Once dry, remove the tape.
Are you trying this DIY yourself? We want to see the results! Snap a pic and share it with us on Instagram @BritandCo.
Author: Maddie Bachelder
Production: Cassidy Miller
Photography: Brittany Griffin