3 Dramatic Makeup Looks for Anyone in Your Bridal Party
A lot of brides + bridesmaids are aiming for the no makeup-makeup look for their weddings, but on your big day, you may want to take a break from being a natural beauty. That means turning up the glam in a major way, whether you’re the new Mrs. or one of the bridal party babes. But just because you really want to tap into a wedding day “look” doesn’t mean you need a crew of stylists swarming your space. With just a little makeup know-how and a stacked kit, you can DIY the dramatic bridal looks yourself. Scroll through to learn the step-by-step on how to ace these bold looks that will wow on you and your girls.
Leave the satin-y sheen to your formal dresses with this matte all-over look that stuns with a natural lip shade and bronze smokey eye.
1. Apply your favorite foundation with a foundation brush, I used Chanel Vitalumiêre in 30 Cendre ($55).
2. Next, put your concealer on per usual under your eyes and blend in with a concealer brush. Also apply to the bridge of your nose, and the center of your chin, upper lip, and forehead as a highlighter — YSL Touche Éclat in No 2 ($41) is one of my favorites.
3. Set your makeup with a translucent powder to help everything stay in place, Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder ($26) is my go-to.
4. For bronzer, I am using one of my favorite drugstore finds, Wet n Wild Ticket To Brazil ($7).
5. Apply a matte mauve colored blush like Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Mauve ($46) to the apples of your cheeks going back towards your temples. This color and finish allows you to look slightly more dramatic, but always be sure to blend!
6. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, apply a light taupe eye shadow like Naked by Urban Decay ($54 for the “Naked” palette) into the crease of your eyes and extend the shadow slightly outside the corners of your eyes.
7. Using the same fluffy brush, apply a deep brown shadow like Buck by Urban Decay ($54 for the same palette) into the crease of your eyes and sweep it into the inner corners of your eyes.
8. Now switch to a smaller fluffy brush and apply the same color to your lower lash line to create a subtle smokey effect.
9. With a flat eyeshadow brush, apply a rose gold shadow like Antiqued by MAC ($17) to the center of your eyelid for that mavue-y pop of color.
10. Also apply the same shade onto the inner corners of your eyes.
11. Highlight your brow bone with a flat cream shadow like Vanilla by MAC ($17).
12. Line the inside lower waterline with a white eyeliner. I used MAC Pro Chromagraphic in Pure White ($30).
13. Add black eyeliner to your upper lash line. I love Palladio Retractable Eye Pencil in Pure Black ($8).
14. Now add a couple coats of your favorite mascara.
15. For lips, I used a mauve lipgloss, like Mineral Fusion Lip Gloss in Dare You ($12).
The rose gold accents add just enough glam to this not-so-basic fresh-faced look. Really, it’s next-level natural bridal makeup.
Don’t choose between a bold lip and dramatic eyes on your big day. With this DIY-able look, you can have ’em both.
1. Apply your foundation with a foundation brush, I used Chanel Vitalumiêre in 30 Cendre ($55).
2. Now apply your concealer under your eyes with a concealer brush — be sure to blend in that YSL Touche Éclat in No 2 ($41).
3. Bronze it up with Wet n Wild Ticket To Brazil ($8) using a bronzer brush.
4. Set your makeup with a translucent powder like Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder ($26).
5. On your brow bone, apply a flat cream shadow like Vanilla by MAC ($17) for a matte highlight.
6. Contour the creases of your eyes with light taupe Naked by Urban Decay ($54 for the “Naked” palette).
7. Then sweep on a black shadow like Creep by Urban Decay ($54 for the palette) across your lids using a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Be sure to blend into the creases.
8. Line your lower lash line with Palladio Retractable Eye Pencil in Pure Black ($8).
9. Using a flat eyeliner brush, add more black shadow over your eyeliner and gently smudge the liner down a little for a softer look.
10. Go big with mascara and apply a couple coats.
11. Pump up your brows with a shadow that is slightly darker than your natural color, I used Buck by Urban Decay ($54 for palette) for this effect.
12. On my lips I used a deep berry lipstick, MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Hang-Up is a home run ($21).
Move over, blushing bride! This bold black eye and vampy lip combo are ceremony-ready.
Cue the cat eye — but that’s not all there is to this chic throwback look. Shimmery eyeshadow adds a romantic touch to your flirty flick that’s perfect for exchanging “I dos.”
1. Apply your go-to foundation with a foundation brush, mine is Chanel Vitalumiêre in 30 Cendre ($55).
2. Brush on your concealer, like YSL Touche Éclat in No 2 ($41), in the T zone as well as under your eyes for a highlighting effect.
3. Set your makeup with a finishing powder like Japonesque Velvet Touch ($26).
4. Skip the bronzer for this look and jump right into blush! You’ll want a soft pink color, I am using Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Pink Frosting ($10).
5. Use your finger to apply an eyeshadow primer, like Put A Lid on It ($12) to make sure that your shadow will have extra dimension.
6. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, apply a shimmery mauve shadow like Mineralize Blush by MAC in New Romance ($20).
8. Finish the look with a rosy pink lipgloss like Buxom Lip Gloss in Dani ($33).
Can this cat eye count as a way to wear “something old” in a totally modern way? When the brides make the rules, the answer is YES!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.