18 Ways to Bring the Faux Cacti and Succulent Pinterest Trend Home
April showers supposedly bring May flowers, but sometimes spring just brings to light the brutal effect winter had on your indoor plants. If your herb garden is looking more dried than fresh and your fiddle leaf fig plant is on its last leaf, don’t give up the hope of greenery just yet. Before you resign yourself to a plastic palm tree, check out these 18 DIY faux cacti and succulent plants that will give you the indoor garden of your dreams — except without all that pesky dying and stuff.
3. DIY Cactus Pincushion: The experts say plants can make you more productive, and that will definitely be true with this helpful little pincushion cactus. Plus, you get to stick the pins in the cactus instead of vice versa with the real thing. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. DIY Crepe Paper Succulents: Let’s be real here: Half the fun of indoor plants is decorating the pots. If you’d rather paint the pots than worry about keeping your succulents alive, go for these realistic-looking crepe paper babies and spruce up your desk in no time. (via Ash and Crafts)
6. DIY Paper Plants: Bring out the construction paper and paints ’cause you’ve got a garden to craft. Mix up shapes and patterns to make the prettiest paper plants for your windowsill or desk. (via The House That Lars Built)
7. DIY Clay Cactus Bud Vase: Use polymer clay to make a bud vase in the shape of a cactus. Add gold spikes for a fun textural element and you’ve got just the piece to take your #shelfie to the next level. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Paper Succulents: You can use a cricut machine to knock out these paper succulents quickly or cut them out by hand for a more natural look. Pick out fun, textured card stock with polka dots and patterns for an extra dose of adorable. (via Lia Griffith)
10. DIY Paper Maché Cacti: All you need for this DIY is some reference photos and your grade-school paper maché skills. Use toothpicks or wire to make the spikes, or try softer, more rounded shapes to make a succulent. (via Design Sponge)
11. DIY Mini Succulent Drink Stirrers: Add some greenery to your bar cart with these fun drink stirrers. Keep them bunched together in a vase and it will look like a succulent bouquet that never dies. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
12. DIY Paper Bromelaid Plant: Bring a dose of color to your workspace with this hot pink flower. A paper plant is just the thing for a cubicle office with no natural light. (via St. Jude’s Creations)
13. DIY Printable Cactus Cupcake Stand: Nothing says “I think you’re great” like a batch of cupcakes and a cactus. Oh, you didn’t think of a cactus? Well, after you’ve seen these printable cacti stands, you’ll never gift your cupcakes in a box again. (via Oh Happy Day)
14. DIY Mini Cactus Piñatas: Obviously, these would be awesome for a desert-themed party. But let’s be honest; they’d be pretty cool strung together into a garland and hung up in your house for the next few months. (via Oh Happy Day)
16. DIY Cactus Plants: Protect little fingers and pet noses by trading out your cacti garden with these chic and shiny paper plants. Group three of them together on a tray for a cool coffee table vignette. (via The Crafted Sparrow)
17. DIY Faux Porcelain Cactus Ring Holder: Those long cactus arms were practically made for displaying your bling. Make your own cacti out of clay or just use plastic toy plants to put together these pretty ring holders. (via Vitamini Handmade)
18. DIY Washi Tape Cactus: To the window, to the wall… yeah, your cactus garden just got graphic. Dress up the walls in a kid’s room or set up the coolest backdrop for a party with these washi tape cactus outlines. (via Studio DIY)
Which of these faux plants is your favorite? If you make one, we want to see it! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!