Sometimes you’ve just got to play the hand you’re dealt, especially when it comes to your home. You can cover the walls you want to tear down, you can dress the windows you wish didn’t exist, and decorate with all the hottest trends , but flooring is a bit more complicated. Or is it? Clear your weekend plans, move all your furniture to the other room, and get ready to make a change for the better. There are tons of options out there, but these 9 trendy floor projects will give you the option to customize as you see fit.
1. DIY Patterned Linoleum Floor: That back porch doubling as a mud room is b-e-g-g-i-n-g for a flooring overhaul. This clean and fresh pattern will totally distract from the paw prints and shoes. (via A Beautiful Mess )
2. Layered Rugs: Living with wall to wall carpet, be it in your home or rental, may feel totally limiting. Not to worry, you can actually layer rugs on top of the carpet to help define a space. Even better, though, you can layer rugs on top of rugs. (via The Fox & She )
3. The Home Depot Home Decorators Collection Warm Cherry Vinyl Plank Flooring ($60): You know how on TV shows they put vinyl flooring down in a few hours? It really is that easy as long as the floor beneath is level. There are tons of great tutorials online, but most of the time it’s as easy as snapping planks into place.
4. Renter-Friendly Stairway Runner: This is the weekend you conquer your ugly staircase. Grab some runners, a staple gun, and double-sided carpet tape for a renter-friendly upgrade that will totally change your space. (via PMQ for two )
5. DIY Stencilled Tile: To paint a stencil over your tile, you just have to follow a few simple steps. Pick a bold color and a graphic print to make the biggest impact, or keep it simple with a checkerboard pattern. (via Classy Clutter )
6. DIY Water Color Plywood Flooring: Hold the phone, y’all. You can actually dye plywood. Even better than that, you can then cut it up to use as flooring. For a look that’s out of this world, grab all the details and make your own. (via Dans Le Lakehouse )
7. Wallpapered Floors: It can be tricky to find the perfect stencil for your floors, and even then, you have to really want to paint it. Get all the colors, patterns, and details of wallpaper, but on your floor. (via Grillo Designs )
8. Quadro Style Vinyl Floor Decals ($70): On the other hand, there is a legitimate floor decal out there with your name on it. No varnish or prep work required! Just measure, click to order, and roll it out.
9. DIY Rug Hack: If you don’t even have a rug to vacuum, use this DIY to bring some comfort and texture to your living room. (via Brit + Co )
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.