11 Ways to Host a DIY-Themed Galentine’s Day
Now that you’ve learned how to make your own party invites, it’s time to get down to business. Show some love to your gal pals by throwing an epic Galentine’s Day get-together that’s chock-full of DIY goodies. There’s no better way to spend quality time with your friends than drinking wine, watching a romantic movie and getting your creative juices flowing! From whimsical watercolor macarons to fabulous fringed necklaces, here are 11 DIYs you and your friends will love.
1. DIY Modern Color Block Soap: Can you believe you can make this pretty DIY soap with only three ingredients? What you’ll need is a soap base, soap dye and essential soap oils for the easiest AND cutest bar of soap ever. (Brit + Co)
2. DIY Monogrammed Ring Cones: Finally, the perfect way to keep your rings organized. These oven-baked ring cones aren’t just pretty to look at — they’re also a ton of fun to make. Trust us. We tried it! (via Brit + Co)
3. Tassel Garland Kit ($13): If you’re all about living on the fringe, try out this fabulously fringy DIY that’s perfect for any holiday, or just to spruce up your workspace. Your girlfriends won’t be able to wait until they can get their hands on this cool kit, which includes pre-cut tissue and twine for hanging.
4. DIY Abstract Art Macarons: Express your inner artist with abstract painting… on macarons! Not only will you and your friends appreciate their aesthetic beauty, but you’ll also love the yummy treats. ;) (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. Make Your Own Lip Balm Kit ($40): You and your friends can soon get smackin’ with all-natural lip balm made from organic beeswax, fair trade and organic shea butter and organic unrefined coconut oil. These pure, high-quality ingredients will ensure everyones’ lips stay well hydrated and protected.
6. DIY Lipstick Piñata: Whether you fill it up with lipsticks or edible goodies, this ingenius piñata is guaranteed to make Galentine’s Day a little more fun. Team up with your girls and use cardboard, crepe paper (or streamers), gold mylar, scissors, a hot glue gun and fishing line to replicate this gorgeous tube. (via Studio DIY)
7. DIY Succulent Pots: Gold leaf succulent pots are the perfect pop of color and gold accent every home needs. Spruce up old plant pots with acrylic paint, painter’s tape, glue and gold leaf. Your friends won’t be able to wait to fill these suckers up once they finish. (via Miss Renaissance)
8. DIY Spa Kit: Show your appreciation for your friends by setting some time aside to let them make their very own spa kits, complete with bath salts, a sugar body scrub, whipped body butter and a lavender candle. Your friends will thank you. (via Brit + Co)
10. Party Animal Embroidery Kit ($25): If you and your friends have a knack for sewing, present them with this fun DIY kit. The embroidery kit includes a needle, embroidery floss, a cotton fabric printed with the pattern, an embroidery hoop, a stitch guide and easy-to-read instructions. Even if you aren’t an embroidery master, this kit will have you feeling like a pro.
11. Gold Foil Tote Kit by Sugar & Cloth ($19): Complete with a cotton tote bag, gold transfer foil, foil transfer adhesive, a paintbrush and parchment paper, this DIY tote kit is the perfect craft to keep your gal pals occupied. Plus, you’ll have plenty of gold transfer foil left over to give something else in your life the Midas touch!
Follow us on Pinterest for more crafts and decorating tips for Galentine’s Day!