11 Romantic Movies to Stream on Netflix for Valentine’s Day
Fancy dinners are cool and everything, but sometimes you just want to spend the night in… even if it’s Valentine’s Day. What’s more romantic than curling up on the couch with your favorite person? This V-Day, skip the prix-fixe menu and save your money for a vacation together. To help you plan the perfect night in, we’re sharing our fave romances you can watch on Netflix — just add popcorn.
1. Sabrina: Audrey Hepburn + Humphrey Bogart = WIN. It’s worth watching this movie just for Audrey’s array of stylish outfits, and the sweet, romantic tone is just right for Valentine’s Day. (photo via Paramount Pictures)
2. Ever After: This movie is Drew Barrymore at her absolute ’90s best. Everyone loves a good fairytale, and with the new Cinderella coming out, why not revisit some of the old faves? (photo via 20th Century Fox Films)
3. Amelie: This movie is inspiration for so many things we love: bold, green monochrome interiors, creativity and romance. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like whimsical French romance, amirite? (photo via Claudie Ossard Productions)
4. Adventureland: Embrace your love of the late ’80s (and of Kristen Wiig) in this critically-acclaimed romantic dramedy. It’s hard to make a decrepit amusement park seem romantic, but this movie nails it. (photo via Miramax)
5. Shakespeare in Love: Balancing the line between comedy and tragedy, catch the fictionalized version of how Shakespeare was inspired to write Romeo and Juliet, replete with balcony scene. It’s totally okay to cry on Valentine’s Day, right? (photo via Miramax)
6. Clueless: Do you even need an occasion to watch this? We can think of a million reasons, and Galentine’s Day is just one on the long, long list. (photo via Paramount Pictures)
7. Blue is the Warmest Color: This movie killed it at basically every film festival everywhere. Based on a graphic novel, this story of first love is incredibly moving, not to mention beautiful to look at. (photo via Quat’sous Films)
8. Much Ado About Nothing: Directed by Joss Whedon, of Buffy, Firefly and The Avengers fame, this Shakespearean comedy is reimagined in Los Angeles. You’ll giggle and swoon, plus Nathan Fillion makes a hilarious cameo. (photo via Bellwether Pictures)
9. Stardust: Based on the book by Neil Gaiman, this epic fairytale is just the thing to inject a little romance into an otherwise normal day. Plus, there’s a unicorn, Michelle Pfeiffer as a fierce witch and Robert De Niro in drag. It’s basically awesome across the board. (photo via Paramount Pictures)
10. Can’t Hardly Wait: Preston Meyers was my dream date. Just kidding, he’s totally still my dream date. This ensemble comedy is one of the most perfect high school romances ever made. (photo via Columbia Pictures Corporation)
11. Silver Linings Playbook: Every pot has its lid — is there any more romantic notion than that? J-Law got an Oscar for this role, and it’s easy to see why. (photo via Weinstein Company)
What movies do you have queued up to watch with your bae? Let us know in the comments below!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.