Halloween Makeup 101: How to Become a Gorgeous Ghost
A classic Halloween character and year-round symbol of all things spooky and scary is the ghost! Instead of going gory and gruesome, we decided to go for a more beautiful ghostly look that still maintains that underlying spook factor. For this edition of Halloween Makeup, it’s time to get your ghost on.
The dusty gray color of the wig is what we truly believe takes this makeup look to another level!
1. Start off with your normal foundation as a primer and a barrier for the stage makeup just in case you have sensitive skin.
2. Apply Ben Nye Creme Color in White ($6) to your entire face using a beauty sponge.
3. Set your face makeup with Natural Set Colorless Face Powder ($28) by stippling the powder on so you do not rub the cream makeup off.
4. With a fluffy brush, apply a smokey purple like the one from the Pop Beauty Sunshine Palette ($33) to the crease of your eyes and along your lower lash line.
5. Using a fluffy brush that has a slightly more defined point for precision, apply a deeper purple like the one in the Pop Beauty Sunshine Palette ($33) into the outer and inner corners of your eyes and along the outer lower corner under your lash line.
6. For the final pop of dimension on your shadow, add a reddish brown like the one in the Pop Beauty Sunshine Palette ($33) over the purple along your lower lash line and into the crease of your eyes.
7. Add a pair of glittery silver lashes.
8. Contour the hollows of your cheeks, along your jawline and down your neck using a purpley grey shadow like the one in the Pop Beauty Sunshine Palette ($33).
9. Line your lips with a dusty purple eyeliner like L’Oreal Paris Riche Eyeliner in Violet ($6). Make sure you blend with your finger — you only want a little definition.
Gorgeous, right? Who knew ghosts could be so lovely?
Tried out any of the makeup looks seen on Brit.co? We’d love to see pictures! Send ’em our way in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)