We’re no strangers to balloon DIY projects, but we just had to dedicate an entire roundup to Halloween balloons. After all, no shindig is complete without some sweet balloons, whether they’re floating aimlessly, cooling beers or decorating cupcakes. These DIY Halloween balloons are wonderfully minimalist and crazy easy to create if you’re short on time. Just make sure to stock up on Sharpies and crepe paper.
1. 3D Halloween Balloons: These easy DIY tricks will add serious dimension to your Halloween balloons. We especially love the idea of using a yellow face to make it look like the jack-o-lantern balloon is glowing.(via Small Fry)
2. Sharpie Silhouette Balloons: These are crazy easy to do with templates and a Sharpie, making this a fun project for big and little kids. (via Nest of Posies)
3. Ghost Balloon + Printable Note: Send a sweet surprise this Halloween and use this ghost balloon as the delivery boy. The “boo” note is a free printable. (via Eighteen 25)
4. Balloon Jack-O-Lanterns: Twine and metal washers will help you achieve the pumpkin shape, and crepe paper stems complete the transformation. (via The Celebration Shoppe)
5. Pumpkin Patch: We’re obsessed with this balloon pumpkin patch. The green fringe hair/stem effect is too cute. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
6. Spider Balloons: It’s frighteningly easy to DIY these minimalist spider balloons. No need to overthink it. (via Design Improvised)
7. Hanging Spider Balloons: Freak out your friends with these glittery hanging balloon spiders. Just wait until the balloons deflate and spiders start falling from the sky! (via Studio DIY)
8. Dia de los Muertos: You can’t go wrong with sugar skull balloons. (via Growing Up Bilingual)
9. Friendly Frankenstein: We love this friendly group of monster balloons. Frankie is our fave. (via The Flair Exchange)
10. Black + Gold: Need we say more? (via The Sweetest Occasion)
11. Glow Stick Balloons: Take your Halloween balloons to the next level by stickin’ a glow stick or LED lights in them. Turn off the lights to get the full effect. (via She Knows)
12. Ghost Crepe Paper Balloons: We can’t wait to add some wavy crepe paper to our ghost balloons. (via Design Improvised)
13. Black Balloon Cake Toppers: Tricked ya! These balloon cake toppers aren’t actually balloons—they’re painted Christmas balls on wooden spoons made to look like balloons. Genius. (via Jaderbomb)
14. Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkin Balloon Piñata: Turn balloons into simple piñatas that spill treats out when they’re popped! (via The Gunny Sack)
Which of these balloons will you DIY this Halloween? Let us know below!