15 Outstanding Ottoman DIYs for Your Pad
As urbanites facing skyrocketing living costs and even smaller abodes, we’re constantly on the lookout for stylish furniture that is multifunctional and doesn’t cost a fortune. If you’re anything like us, you love hosting movie nights at your pad (which usually involves five people crammed on the couch) and as a frequent DIYer, you’re guilty of saving every scrap of leather and crazy amounts of twine all in the name of creativity. Enter the ottoman, a statement piece that can double as a chic storage solution and is incredibly easy to DIY. We know what you’re thinking, aren’t ottomans just footrests or poufs with a fancy name? The answer is yes, but with a twist! Take a peek at these 15 ottomans hacks that are great for adding a little design oomph (and extra seating) to your crib.
2. Rad in Plaid: This spool-to-stool weekend DIY is calling your name, and just in time for fall! While this design is time consuming at first, once mastered, these stools make for one amazing gift idea. (via Design*Sponge)
3. The Handyman’s Ottoman: Got an extra bucket lying around? We created this wicked cool, interchangeable cushion ottoman with a little help from The Home Depot! Oh, and did we mention it’s no-sew? (via Brit + Co)
4. Call the Milk Man: If you’re taking a trip to the flea market soon, don’t overlook those shabby milk crates. We promise they make for a unique ottoman for either in or outdoors. (via Namely Original)
5. Embroidery Magic: Don’t let this gorgeous embroidered stool intimidate you: This is one tutorial even beginners can master. Get ready to wow your guests with this expensive looking piece. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
6. Bring on the Prints: We’re always down for an extra dose of pattern in our abodes. And the fact that this ottoman allows us to stash our stuff from prying eyes is A-okay in our book! But the best part about this tutorial is that it takes a little less than an hour! (via Paper + Stitch)
8. The IKEA Hack: It’s been sitting in your closet (or worse… your living room) since college: the ratty foot stool that, despite how horrified you are every time you see it, you just can’t bring yourself to toss. No judgment! Try your hand at this budget-friendly and stylish solution that costs less than $40! (via Kristi Murphy)
10. Colorful Floor Cushion: Looking for something on the low-key side? This floor cushion is easy-to-make and easy to hide when not in use… but who would want to hide this lovely seat?! (via Apartment Therapy)
11. DIY Ottoman: We’re smitten with this ultra plush oversized pouf. The cheerful color and subtle print are definite must-haves in our book. But beware, your pooch might make this baby its new bed! (via Style Me Pretty)
Now that you’ve had a chance to check out our favorite ottoman DIYs, which will you try? Tell us in the comments!