By now you’re aware: We have a little obsession with DIY wood projects. And there might not be anything better and more useful to do with wood than to make shelves. We’ve given you ideas to make your shelves pop, and we’ve even shown you our favorite bookshelves. But today, we’re taking it a step further and showing you 12 DIY shelves that you can totally do yourself.
1. Chunky Wooden Floating Shelves: We love dark wood shelves against white walls. It really makes them pop. Add some colorful accessories, and you’ve got yourself a stunner shelving unit. (via Desert Domicile)
2. Painted Shelves: These painted numbers put the fun in shelves. Note: mixed width lines are totally fabulous. (via Design Love Fest)
3. Industrial Modern Floating Shelves: There is a little more to these shelves than what meets the eye. Hop on over to Mandi’s site, to see what we mean. (via Vintage Revivals)
4. Wine Shelves: How genius is it to label your wine rack for easy picking? The shelves themselves aren’t too shabby either. (via Shanty 2 Chic)
5. Pegboard Shelves: This shelving unit is utterly unique. We love how you can switch up your shelves depending on the height of your objects. (via Apartment Therapy)
6. Pipe Shelves: Pipe shelves will please your man as well as you. Don’t you just love them? (via The Brick House)
7. Honeycomb Shelves: Honeycomb shelves are six sides of terrific. We’re all about how well they mix with the vintage vibe of this room. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Wood + Leather Suspended Shelf: The color of this leather is magical especially when paired with the unfinished wood and bright flowers. Does it get any better than this? (via Camille Styles)
9. Rope Shelves: These shelves are great for kiddos and adults alike. We’re pretty impressed with how simple the project looks as well. (via Recreate)
10. Distressed Wood Shelves: Instead of buying reclaimed wood, distress your own wood with this tutorial from Sugar and Cloth. We should mention… this is an IKEA hack. Get to it! (via Sugar and Cloth)
11. Slanted Shelving Unit: This slanted shelving unit can be place just about anywhere in your house. It would make a fabulous spot to store your towels. (via Scandi Home)
12. Paint Bucket Shelves: Believe it or not, these circular shelves were made using old paint buckets. Hooray for up-cycling. (via Oh Oh Blog)
Could you see any of these shelves in your home? Let us know in the comments below!