20 Creative Ways to Make Your Own Shelves
By now you’re aware: We have a little obsession with DIY projects. And there might not be anything better and more useful to do with free time than to make your home look dope (while getting organized). We’ve given you ideas to make your shelves pop, and we’ve even shown you our favorite bookshelves. But today, we’re taking it a step further and showing you 12 DIY shelves that you can totally do yourself.
2. DecoArt Metallic Hexagon Wood Shelves: If it’s metallic gold and geometric, we’ll take it. And if it’s made for organizing and displaying your fave things, we’ll take six, please. (via Damask Love)
3. Hanging Shelves: Looking for a smaller DIY shelf that doubles as artsy wall decor? You’ll love the simplicity of creating this project almost as much as the lovely finished product! (via Why Don’t You Make Me)
6. DIY Decorative Shelves: A hat box meets patterned wallpaper to create a vibrant piece of watercolor wall art that perfectly frames (and holds) any piece of greenery. White walls have never looked so good. (via The Lovely Drawer)
7. Anthro Inspired Copper Shelves: Now, here’s a project we can really get into — the original (and pricey) Anthro shelf version is discontinued! What better time to DIY than when it’s the only way to bring back something fabulous!? (via Vintage Revivals)
8. Vintage Book Floating Shelves: Bookies can rejoice again with this DIY project that actually turns hardcovers into floating shelves! Display old cameras, picture or plants and let the old-fashioned times roll. (via Creating with KLC)
9. Chunky Wooden Floating Shelves: We love dark wood shelves against white walls. It really makes them pop. Add some colorful accessories, and you’ve got yourself a stunner shelving unit. (via Desert Domicile)
18. Distressed Wood Shelves: Instead of buying reclaimed wood, distress your own wood with this tutorial from Sugar and Cloth. We should mention… this is an IKEA hack. Get to it! (via Sugar and Cloth)
Love everything decor and DIY storage? Follow us on Pinterest for more amazing home inspo!