These Adorable Donut ‘Dos Are Giving Us Sweetness Overload
The biggest day of the year is officially here. It’s National Donut Day, y’all! While this most sacred of days does have its perks — namely a free pass to eat this sugary-sweet confection to our heart’s content — this year, we’re exploring one of the sillier aspects of our favorite day of the year — giving our kids a wacky donut-inspired hairdo. We’re not talkin’ your run-of-the-mill donut bun. From brunette chocolate donuts to hairstyles featuring real frosting (what?!), we’ve gathered some of the cutest kids on Insta, proudly wearing their donut-day best. So whether you’re a mom, dad or enthusiastic aunt, scroll through these crazy sweet kids’ hairstyles and find the perf donut-inspired ‘do for National Donut Day, Halloween, crazy hair day and beyond!
1. Bobby Pin Bun: Turn your mini’s ballerina bun into a sweet little treat with some multi-colored pom-pom bobby pins. This super easy look is perfect for the mom looking to give her rugrat a fun donut-inspired ‘do without making too much of a mess.
2. Frosted Bun: Beware — this sugary ‘do is not for the faint of heart! This little cutie definitely knows how to steal the show with her large-and-in-charge frosted bun (is that REAL frosting?!) and a decadent donut in her hand (#twinning).
3. Plated Donut: This adorable bun looks good enough to eat! Give your tiny tot’s donut hairstyle a realistic flair by incorporating a paper plate. It’ll have people doing double-takes for sure.
4. Chocolate Donut: Blondes don’t get to have all the fun. Show off your tiny brunette’s donut love with a scrumptious-looking double chocolate donut ‘do. Donut forget the sprinkles!
5. Civilized Donut Bun: Before we get swept up in the madness that is National Donut Day, let’s not forget to teach our kids some valuable lessons in manners. Add a napkin to the side of your tyke’s plated bun to show your kiddie that ladies always eat frosted sweets with a napkin (or three) in hand.
6. Double Buns: Double the donut buns, double the fun! Take your babe’s donut ‘do to another level with not one, but two sprinkled buns.
7. Donut To-Go: Your girl’s a gal on the go, just like her mommy. Skip the sit-down plate and pin a to-go bag to her ‘do for a look that says she’s going places.
What donut-inspired looks will your kids be rocking on National Donut Day? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.