20 Things You Need for National Donut Day
Our love affair with donuts is pretty obvious. And we definitely donut mess around when it comes to National Donut Day! That’s why we’re dishing out all the best donutty DIYs and buys we could find. From healthy and not-so-healthy (but equally delicious) recipes to adorable donut-inspired goods, these 20 finds will make your day extra sweet. Good luck with that sugar coma and be sure to check out the best donut shops across the country for some mouthwatering fun.
2. Donut Piñata: What better way to celebrate your favorite national holiday that with a piñata? We’re thinking this with some donut-inspired coktails would make for the best donut party ever. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Donut Sunglasses: Show your donut love with these easy DIY donut sunglasses. Just head on over for the free printable, click print, tape and then show your office who’s the biggest donut fan in all of cubicleland. (via Brit + Co)
4. Grumpy Donut Greeting Card ($5): Maybe you’re not in the mood to celebrate or you aren’t a fan of sharing your delicious donuts? We get it. But you can still partake in a grumpy and fun way with a greeting card like this.
5. Matcha Green Tea Donuts: It’s just not Donut Day without an actual recipe to make some donuts. Jump on the matcha bandwagon and whip up these delicious treats that not only taste like heaven, but also have some great health benefits. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Chocolate-Glazed Donut Pillowcase ($28): Do you dream of donuts? We do. This will look awesome in your bedroom on Donut Day and every other day of the year.
7. Nail Stickers ($5): These stickers absolutely N-A-I-L it. Whether you sport them on National Donut Day or when you’re in need a donut fix, these little guys are just what you need.
8. Donut Tote Bag ($19): You totes get what this day is all about. Celebrate everything donut related in every way possible. This cheery tote will also be great anytime you run to the farmers’ market, the grocery store or your local bakery.
11. Donut Necklace ($12): Mini donuts all around. This adorable necklace sends a BIG statement without being over the top. Get a few for your besties and then you’ll have yourself a true partay.
12. Donut iPhone Case ($30): Phone, meet awesome case. Awesome case, meet phone. It should come as no surprise that our phones are totally glued to our hands most of the time. So why not give it a donut makeover?
13. Drunkin’ Donuts: Because let’s face it, it’s not an official party without booze. Now we’re talking… and drink-eating. Cheers to you, National Donut Day!
14. DIY Donut Floppy Hat: The fact that this amazing holiday takes places when the weather is equally amazing is just icing on the… donut. This stylishly unique hat will keep you looking and feeling cool. Oh, and did we mention it’s super easy to make? (via Studio DIY)
15. Donut Printables: Another DIY? Donut act surprised. Sorry… last donut pun. We promise. Print out these super cute gift boxes and make one or all of the donut recipes here and you’ll make lots of new friends. (via Tinyme)
16. Peanut Butter-Glazed Brownie Donuts: This recipe basically combines three of our favorite things: peanut butter, brownies and donuts. We’ll be making these every day. Shhh, don’t tell anyone. (via Simply Scratch)
17. Gigantic Donut Pool Float ($19): Remember that gorgeous (fingers crossed) weather we were talking about earlier? Well this floatie fits in perfectly with a sunny Donut Day. Besides, any excuse to have a pool party, right?
18. DIY Donut Hole Bar: Raise the bar with your party skills and create a DIY donut hole station. Grab those ramekins, an assortment of your favorite toppings (sprinkles are a must) and have a ball of a good time.
19. Donuts T-Shirt ($24): Get straight to the point on D-Day with this brand-new-yet-feels-like-vintage t-shirt. You can wear it all day during your donut fun and then crash into bed still wearing this awesome shirt. Best. day. ever.
20. Spicy Red Velvet Donut Tower: Go big or go home. This spicy treat is the ultimate indulgence on the big day, and we guarantee your friends and coworkers will have had nothing like it.
How will you be celebrating the day of donuts? Tell us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!