20 Things You Need for National Donut Day
Our love affair with donuts is pretty obvious. And we definitely donut mess around when it comes to National Donut Day! That’s why we’re dishing out all the best donutty DIYs and buys we could find. From healthy and not-so-healthy (but equally delicious) recipes to adorable donut-inspired goods, these 20 finds will make your day extra sweet. Good luck with that sugar coma and be sure to check out the best donut shops across the country for some mouthwatering fun.
Balloons make everything better, right? DIY a few of these to bring to work or just carry around all day long. (via Studio DIY)
What better way to celebrate your favorite national holiday that with a piñata? We’re thinking this with some donut-inspired coktails would make for the best donut party ever. (via Brit + Co)
Show your donut love with these easy DIY donut sunglasses. Just head on over for the free printable, click print, tape and then show your office who’s the biggest donut fan in all of cubicleland. (via Brit + Co)
4. Grumpy Donut Greeting Card ($5): Maybe you’re not in the mood to celebrate or you aren’t a fan of sharing your delicious donuts? We get it. But you can still partake in a grumpy and fun way with a greeting card like this.
It’s just not Donut Day without an actual recipe to make some donuts. Jump on the matcha bandwagon and whip up these delicious treats that not only taste like heaven, but also have some great health benefits. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Chocolate-Glazed Donut Pillowcase ($28): Do you dream of donuts? We do. This will look awesome in your bedroom on Donut Day and every other day of the year.
7. Nail Stickers ($5): These stickers absolutely N-A-I-L it. Whether you sport them on National Donut Day or when you’re in need a donut fix, these little guys are just what you need.
8. Donut Tote Bag ($19): You totes get what this day is all about. Celebrate everything donut related in every way possible. This cheery tote will also be great anytime you run to the farmers’ market, the grocery store or your local bakery.
Yes, you read that right. Donuts can be healthy! Whip these up for a sweet, berry-rific treat. (via Brit + Co)
11. Donut Necklace ($12): Mini donuts all around. This adorable necklace sends a BIG statement without being over the top. Get a few for your besties and then you’ll have yourself a true partay.
12. Donut iPhone Case ($30): Phone, meet awesome case. Awesome case, meet phone. It should come as no surprise that our phones are totally glued to our hands most of the time. So why not give it a donut makeover?
13. Drunkin’ Donuts: Because let’s face it, it’s not an official party without booze. Now we’re talking… and drink-eating. Cheers to you, National Donut Day!
The fact that this amazing holiday takes places when the weather is equally amazing is just icing on the… donut. This stylishly unique hat will keep you looking and feeling cool. Oh, and did we mention it’s super easy to make? (via Studio DIY)
Another DIY? Donut act surprised. Sorry… last donut pun. We promise. Print out these super cute gift boxes and make one or all of the donut recipes here and you’ll make lots of new friends. (via Tinyme)
This recipe basically combines three of our favorite things: peanut butter, brownies and donuts. We’ll be making these every day. Shhh, don’t tell anyone. (via Simply Scratch)
18. DIY Donut Hole Bar: Raise the bar with your party skills and create a DIY donut hole station. Grab those ramekins, an assortment of your favorite toppings (sprinkles are a must) and have a ball of a good time.
19. Donuts T-Shirt ($24): Get straight to the point on D-Day with this brand-new-yet-feels-like-vintage t-shirt. You can wear it all day during your donut fun and then crash into bed still wearing this awesome shirt. Best. day. ever.
20. Spicy Red Velvet Donut Tower: Go big or go home. This spicy treat is the ultimate indulgence on the big day, and we guarantee your friends and coworkers will have had nothing like it.