With the back-to-school craze going strong, dorm room decor and fall fashion are probably forefront on your mind. What you should be planning for though is your first dorm party! You can set the tone for the year and meet new people on your floor. Say helloooo to the cactus string lights, party DIYs, and cute mini fridge below, and get started on planning the soiree of the season.
3. DIY Rainbow Chain Paper Garland: Party decor shouldn’t break the bank. This DIY garland utilizes skills you learned in kindergarten, AND it lets you raid craft paper supplies in your fave colors. (via Oh Happy Day!)
5. Meri Meri Typographic Party Cups ($6): Bye bye, basic red Solo cup! These pastel options are the perfect shades and can be used for your next beach or park sesh.
6. Party With ParTay Drunk in Love Can Coolers ($5): Grab some of these in cute hues and designs, or go all out with your school colors. Having a few of ’em on hand will keep your drinks cool and your guests happy.
7. DIY Popcorn Station: You can’t host a dorm party without snacks, but make sure they don’t cause you to take out another student loan. Popcorn and candy toppers served in cute dishes are just what you need to feed the masses. (via Studio DIY)
8. A Cooler or Drink Bucket: If you don’t have a mini fridge in your room, you’ll need a way to keep those bevies cold! This colorful DIY is just the right size for a small party or your next tailgate. (via Aww Sam)
9. Igloo Mini Fridge ($149): If you’ve got the space for a mini fridge but maybe don’t have the space for a DIY drink bar, you can add a tray on top and it will double as a bar cart.
10. SunnyLife Sound System ($48): A portable speaker is just what you need to bring with you wherever the party may go. These SunnyLife speakers work with your smart phone and can run on batteries, which makes toting them around even easier.
11. Kirkland’s Cactus String lights ($4): Every dorm room needs a set of string lights to offset that not-so-great overhead lighting.
For more party ideas and essentials, follow us on Pinterest !
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.