These Drink Pool Floats Make Summer Lounging Even Easier
You’ve picked your fave pool float based on your zodiac sign, your go-to summer snack, and your obsession with metallic swans, but are you still balancing your drink on your chest while you lounge? Silly you: The answer is actually one of these trendy drink floaties. They’re just what you need to keep your lemonade cocktails totally vertical.
1. Urban Outfitters Shell Cup Holder Pool Float Set ($12): Shell yeah you need these floaties at your pool party. They’re pretty much guaranteed to make your mermaid dreams come true, whether you’re sipping on spirulina smoothies or rosé cocktails.
2. Ban.do Float On Beverly Stripe Drink Floaties ($12): Remember the classic round inner tubes you floated on as a kid? You may have popped that one years ago, but this glam drink holder is the pool companion you need NOW.
3. Funboy Rainbow Cloud Inflatable Floating Bar ($39): We’ll take the rainbow without the rain, thank you very much. Fill up the center with ice and bottled beverages, then let your friends swim out to grab their drinks.
4. Sunnylife Tropical Inflatable Drink Holder ($15): No matter where you’re floatin’, these tropical drink holders will transport you (or at least your cocktail) to an island getaway.
5. Dillard’s Golden Swan Inflatable Drink Holder ($20): Everything’s better with friends! This flashy gold flamingo doubles as floating pool decor AND a bar for you and your squad.
6. GoFloats Unicorn Drink Floats ($13, set of three): The obsession with unicorns doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. And now there’s a drink float in the form of your favorite mythical creature. Now if only that unicorn frappuccino would come back…
7. Swim Outlet Inflatable Pineapple Drink Holder Pool Float ($20): Upgrade your pool party shenanigans by planting your drink in this giant pineapple that also has space for three more bevvies.
8. Ankit Home Round Donut Drink Float ($16, set of four): Don’t blame us if these sprinkled beauties have you craving donuts while you’re chilling poolside. The bright pink frosting will ensure you never lose sight of your drink again.
Which of these drink floats will you rock at your next pool party? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer must-haves!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)