15 Products to Hydrate Dry Hair This Winter
Brace yourselves, because winter is coming. The change in seasons might bring with it plenty of giving and holiday cheer, but it also brings with it the “gift” of dry skin, dry hair and dry lips. This year, forgo brittle hair and instead give your locks a little TLC with a few ultra-hydrating products to add to your routine. There won’t be any scarecrow hair around these parts with these 15 super moisturizing formulas that will bring life back to your strands, no matter how cold and cruel the weather gets.
1. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector ($28): Perfection mihg tseem like too much to ask for, but this overnight hair mask brings you one step closer to making it a reality. Simply apply to the formula to damp or dry hair before bed, and wake up to shinier, more manageable hair.
2. Josh Rosebrook Nourish Shampoo ($30): Show your locks some love with this superbly nourishing shampoo. The all-natural formula contains plenty of moisturizing ingredients that will leave your hair feeling hydrated and healthy.
3. Alterna Haircare Moisture Intense Oil Crème Deep Conditioner ($32): Give your tresses a deep condition with this paraben and sulfate-free formula. Dry hair will be instantly nourished with luxurious ingredients such as caviar extract and vitamin C.
4. Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask ($58): Enriched with unique ingredients such as quinoa and sunflower seed oil, this innovative hair mask helps bring dehydrated hair back to life by infusing your strands with moisture.
5. Board and Batten Sweet Mud Affair ($43): This mask is quite the multi-tasker, providing benefits for both skin and hair. Infused with fresh honey and vanilla, its pudding-like consistency provides an aromatherapeutic burst of moisture and shine to hair.
6. OGX Nourishing Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist ($8): Is there anything coconut oil can’t do? Adding to its long list of benefits, coconut oil is a wonderful lightweight option for adding hydration to your tresses. The result is a spray that leaves your hair nourished and touchably soft.
7. Phyto 7 Dry Hair Hydrating Day Cream With 7 Plants ($28): There’s no need to worry about making time for a hair mask when you can wear this weightless formula as you go about your day. The leave-in conditioning formula is fortified with various plant extracts that will not only feed your thirsty locks, but will also protect your mane from split ends and environmental stressors.
8. Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask With Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil ($69): Talk about luxurious! Pure Prickly Pear Seed Oil regenerates hair from root to tip, so you’re left with not only a healthy mane but also a hydrated scalp.
9. Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil ($39): Not only will this lightweight oil help cure even the driest of hair, but the luxurious blend will also add shine, detangle and tame flyaways. Basically it’s the perfect hair day in a fancy orange bottle.
10. Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shine Oil Vial ($3): Nourish your hair with this super affordable option. Macadamia oil is an incredibly beneficial ingredient for hair, as it provides both hydration and lightweight sheen for any hair type.
11. Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment ($42): Dry and brittle hair has met its match with this intensive weekly treatment that increases the strength and manageability of your hair.
12. Cold Spring Apothecary Intense Moisture Mask ($25): Honey, rosemary and jojoba oils are just a few of the soothing natural ingredients found in this botanically enriched formula. Leaving the mask in your hair for 15 minutes once or twice a week will give locks an intense boost of hydration and nourishment.
13. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-in Conditioning Spray ($20): If your mane is in need of 24/7 conditioning, then this leave-in spray might be just the ticket. Argan and coconut oils provide a plethora of benefits for hair, including superior moisture and UV protection throughout the day.
14. Yarok Feed Your Moisture Masque ($48): This creamy mask is packed full of naturally moisturizing ingredients, such as Coco Crème and Aloe Vera. The end result is a far happier head of hair.
15. Phyto Phythéol Dry Hair Moisturizing Scalp Exfoliating Shampoo ($26): For those struggling with dry hair and a dry scalp, look no further. This gentle hair cleanser makes sure to keep your tresses hydrated while helping to nourish dry, itchy scalps.
How do you keep your hair hydrated during the winter? Let us know in the comments below!