We’re not sure who first introduced us to argan oil (aka liquid gold), but it was straight up love at first sight. Silky dense texture, nutty undertones and instant hydration? Argan oil balm is exactly what you need during the upcoming dry winter months. The stuff can be used on all your bits and pieces — under your eyes, on your feet, in your hair, you name it. Deliciously dense, the oil dives into your skin. Not only does it not joke around when it comes to hydration, but it’s also super soothing on irritated or damaged skin.
When it comes to picking your product, we’re big on Nourish Organic’s Replenishing Argan Oil Balm ($20). It’s chemical-free, environmentally friendly, gluten-free and vegan. So you can bet their motto “Good for you. Good for the Earth.” holds mighty true. It also carries lots of buzzwords like antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging. And here are five of our favorite ways to use this skin miracle.
1. Hair Tamer: What’s a gal got to do these days to keep her locks in check sans all the additives? Put some balmy oil in it, that’s what! Some of us use it as our one and only hair care product. Frizzy hair? We don’t think so.
2. Dewy Skin: Face it (pun intended), we all want that glow that screams healthy and hydrated. If you’re missing any of the above, you know what to do. Use the balm either in the a.m. or the p.m. (although balm is more p.m friendly). Cleanse your skin. Spritz some toner on. If you’ve got a favorite serum, go ahead and put some on. Let it absorb. Then, apply a thin layer of balm on several areas. Balm is generally thick, so a little goes a long way — one swipe o each cheekbone, a quick swipe on the chin and one pass on the forehead area. If you’ve got a case of dry lips, go ahead and put some there as well. Gently massage into the skin.
3. Makeover Your Under Eyes: Late night again? If dark circles or puffiness are making you cringe right now, go ahead and grab some argan. We promise, it’ll help. Pat it into the under eye area, but remember to always be extra gentle when putting creams, lotions or balms around that delicate skin.
4. Keeping Your Heels In Check: Cracked dry heels don’t look good on anyone, but who wants to get all gunked up applying lotion? Not us. We opt for easy-as-pie-to-apply balms. Do it day or night, but just be sure to do a little exfoliation beforehand. Think dry brushing or brown sugar and olive oil in the shower. (Yum!) Towel off. Apply a thin layer. Massage into skin.
5. Give Your Hands A Hand: We don’t know what we would do without soft hands. There’s no such thing as too much TLC when it comes to making sure we are always prepped for impromptu hand-holding sessions.
What is your go-to product in the winter? Have a favorite all-in-one that you love? Share below!