This Is the Secret Weapon Beauty Product to Solve Cold Weather Hair Problems
Winter might be one of our favorite times of the year, but it’s certainly not a favorite for our hair. The cold weather combined with the heat of the indoors often leads to dry hair and itchy scalps, and that means our domes need a little more TLC than usual. While there are some wonderful scalp serums on the market to help soothe irritated skin, you can get rid of dry, itchy flakes altogether by incorporating a relaxing scalp exfoliant into your shower routine. If you’re gunning to reinvigorate your scalp, check out the 12 hair scrubs and exfoliating shampoos below to help solve your most annoying winter hair problem.
1. Keranique Deep Hydration Scalp Stimulating Shampoo ($30): Sometimes dry hair just needs a bit of rejuvenation for an easy fix. This shampoo provides deep hydration while promoting microcirculation, which helps reduce buildup in the hair.
2. Lush Hair Doctor Hair & Scalp Mask ($17): Bring a little taste of summer to your winter haircare routine with a mask that boasts seaweed as one of its main ingredients. The formula is both moisturizing and exfoliating, which leaves your scalp refreshed and happy.
3. Brocato Peppermint Scrub Restorative Hair and Scalp Masque ($21): Show your hair and scalp a little TLC with a peppermint scrub that’s guaranteed to perk up your roots and locks.
4. Alterna Caviar Clinical Exfoliating Scalp Facial ($36): We already know how great fruit enzymes are at exfoliating your complexion — why not experience the benefits for your scalp as well? This luxurious treatment utilizes microbeads and a unique bristle applicator to gently scrub away dirt, oil and dry, flaky buildup.
5. Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub With Sea Salt ($51): Sensitive skin will love this scrub treatment for its gentle yet purifying benefits. This moisturizing shampoo is enriched with sea salt for a hydrating cleanse that won’t cause irritation.
6. Kiehl’s Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment ($20): If you’re in need of a deep exfoliation to erase signs of buildup and blockage, then this treatment is for you. With the help of apricot and argan exfoliators, this treatment can be applied to either a dry or moist scalp for maximum results.
7. Therapro MEDIceuticals Anti-Bacterial Scalp & Skin Wash ($11): This scalp and skin wash not only provides a wonderful bit of hair therapy, but it can also be beneficial for your face and body. The antibacterial formula kills topical bacteria and fungus for all-around cleaner skin.
8. Palmer’s Anti-Dandruff Scalp Scrub Shampoo ($7): Banish dry, flaky skin for good with this scalp scrub shampoo that kicks dandruff to the curb.
9. Philip Kingsley Exfoliating Scalp Mask ($30): Sit back and relax with a scalp mask that does all the work for you. This intensive exfoliating treatment removes dead skin and counteracts buildup to soothe an irritated scalp.
10. Aveda Invati Exfoliating Shampoo ($29): Irritated scalps have met their match with this build-up fighting shampoo. Your locks and roots will be instantly lightened from the wintergreen-derived salicylic acid blended with organic ingredients such as turmeric and ginseng.
11. Phyto Phythéol Oily Hair Scalp Exfoliating Shampoo ($26): Oily scalps would benefit from a shampoo like this one, which helps to balance and purify both your skin and hair. This formula prevents the creation of excess sebum while simultaneously removing dry, flaky skin. It’s an all-around winning hair cleanser!
12. Intelligent Nutrients PurePlenty Exfoliating Shampoo ($28): A smart direct-to-scalp applicator makes applying this exfoliating shampoo a breeze. Containing only all-natural ingredients, this sulfate-free shampoo quickly sweeps away buildup to promote healthier (and shinier!) hair.
Which of these relaxing scalp treatments is your fave? Any we missed? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)