14 Pretty Chignons That Will Make Your Easter Sunday Outfit
When it comes to Easter, there’s *lots* to prepare — beauty wise. Yes, we are talking springtime celebration hair. Do you get a blowout, go for a messy deep side part or add Easter hair accessories? There are a ton of options, and we’re here to help when you need to top off your look for that all-important event, that signifier of warming-up temps, that day you know spring is really here: Easter brunch. Whether you’re hosting or attending, pump up the fancy with a classically elegant ‘do — the chignon. For a flawless Easter hairstyle you can achieve yourself, scroll through these 14 chignon styles and find the perfect spin on our favorite low bun.
1. Side Chignon: This look would work as well as an elegant bridal updo as it does for an Easter fete. Sweep your low bun to the side and exude ’20s charm with this delicate hairstyle. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
2. Messy Chignon: Add some romance to your Sunday festivities. Wrap a loose braid around your head, above the chignon, for a casually romantic ‘do. This look will take you seamlessly from brunch with the fam to date night with bae. (via @inspobyelvirall)
3. Modern Chignon: This understated chignon is fit for brunch and the boardroom (but we hope you won’t be working on Easter Sunday). The neatly done style is created by first making a low pony bun, then wrapping the remaining hair around the knot for a pretty, subtle elegance. (via @les_carnets_blancs)
4. Triple Twisted Chignon: Get a little twisted with your chignon style. This one is great for gals with textured or curly hair. Start with a deep side part for an extra dose of drama. (via The Beauty Department)
5. Triple Rose Chignon: Ditch the Easter florals and opt for chignon roses instead. This style is easier than it looks, consisting of three loose rope braids twisted into a pretty little line of buns. (via @coiffure_cocoon)
6. Knotted Chignon: Leave it loose for an effortlessly chic look. This poised style is perfect for a Sunday brunch in wine country or your best friend’s Easter wedding. (via Tec Petaja Photography/ Once Wed)
7. Fishtail Braided Chignon: Don’t be afraid to rock that second-day hair to Easter brunch. Go crazy with the dry shampoo, and perfect your fishtail braid technique to achieve this pretty bun. (via Design Every Day)
10. Lazy Girl Chignon: Chignons don’t always have to be so fancy. Take a lazy-girl approach to your Sunday celebration, and make a messy knot instead of a clean-cut donut bun. (via @tament.f)
11. Braided Chignon: Here’s a steadfast chignon you can wear to the gym — after filling up on brunch, of course. Make sure you stock up on bobby pins for this one. (via Divine Caroline)
12. Pin Curled Chignon: This chignon screams business in the front, party in the back — it’s like the chicest mullet you’ve ever seen. This DIY look will be your new go-to- ‘do for fancy events throughout the year. (via Brit + Co)
13. Double Braided Chignon: Double up on the glam with this intricate chignon hairstyle. This look consists of two overlapping plaits twisted into asymmetrical buns. (via Missy Sue)
14. Floral Crown Chignon: Look as pretty as a thoughtfully decorated egg this Easter Sunday. Add a gorgeous flower crown to take the springtime drama to the next level. (via @inspobyelvirall)
What hairstyle will you be rocking this Easter Sunday? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.