If you ask us, the best hairstyles are hairstyles that don’t need a lot of work. You know, the effortless looks that are easy to manage with a comb, maybe a little bit of product and a lot less fuss. While a simple five-minute ponytail is your go-to, it’s not an end-all-be-all lazy-girl answer. Like, what if you want to wear your hair down, but still styled? Enter the deep side part. The devil-may-care style is always alluring and in the latest way we’re seeing the style all over Instagram — super disheveled, maybe brushed and toussled way over — you really don’t need much to achieve it. *This* is what second-day hair goals look like. Easily conquer #selfie-worthy hair without waking up two hours earlier with a simple flip and a lot of attitude. Take a peek at how these Instababes achieve their deep-side parts for some mad hair-flip inspo below.
1. @profreshstyle: Christina is not afraid to show her strong side when it comes to her deep side part. Let your curls go wild by flipping your hair upside down and then roughly tossing it to the side for some extra va-va volume. (Photo via @profreshstyle)
2. @madmavenstyle: This LA blogger is bringing the elegance with her platinum blonde hair and minimalistic look (do you see that dotted liner?). Prim up your side part with some pomade and on-fleek brows. (Photo via @madmavenstyle)
3. @wideeyedlegless: Even though this art director is contemplating bangs in the caption of this Insta snap, it’s hard not to dig her current messy ‘do. The few wispy pieces that seem to somehow flawlessly fall around her face just add to her flip’s appeal. (Photo via @wideeyedlegless)
4. @_samhillman: When you don’t want to get out of bed, but you want to feel polished, try lightly tossing some mousse into your hair to create this model’s #iwokeuplikethis look. Second- or even third-day hair only maximizes the effortless effect. (Photo via @_samhillman)
5. @michelletakeaim: Go really deep with your hair by parting it just at the top of your ears. Michelle has the right idea with her tresses by massaging the roots to create volume where it’s most needed. (Photo via @michelletakeaim)
6. @flamcis: Francis’s unicorn hair lies effortlessly to the side, the better to show off her waves. Duplicate this look by coiling just the ends of your tresses so the top lies flat. (Photo via @flamcis)
7. @lindseyalouie: If your beauty routine is more of the low-maintenance vibe, do as Lindsey does by parting it to the side and letting the frizz do its own thang. FYI: The less-is-more approach works best with super healthy hair. (Photo via @lindseyalouie)
8. @forevervanny: Vanny complements her fierce side sweep with chunky fur accessories and an all-black ensemble. Use a comb to part your hair on the side for a clean line that screams modern. (Photo via @forevervanny)
10. @_jackelizabeth: Letting your flip obscure the side of your face will add instant allure and drama to any bundled-up outfit. Make like Jackie and let just half of your hair peek out from your high collar. (Photo via @_jackelizabeth)
What are your favorite ways to style second-day hair? Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + on-trend hair inspiration.