13 Easy Kitchen Updates You Can Do This Spring
Spring is in the air, but your kitchen smells like old cooking grease and burnt popcorn. (Just us?) Open a window, bust out your cleaning kit, and get ready for a refresh. Between making a few new additions, doing a little DIY-ing, updating your essentials, and bringing order to those cupboards, you’ll feel like you have a whole new kitchen. These little tweaks are things you can do in an afternoon, so set aside some time to welcome the new season.
1. DIY Ombre Flour Sacks: There’s nothing quite like fresh dish towels, free from mystery stains and the vague smell of food. These colorful versions are sure to brighten any kitchen, and they’re *so* easy to make. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
2. Under-the-Kitchen-Sink Organization: Does the prospect of looking for something in the cupboard under your sink give you anxiety? Give the area a complete makeover and turn it into an organized dream. (via IHeart Organizing)
3. Mod Podge Recipe Box: Instead of a stack of scribbled notes and magazine clippings taped to your fridge, make this adorable recipe keeper to save your faves. (via Handmade Charlotte)
4. Kitchen Pegboard Storage: If you haven’t already hopped on the pegboard bandwagon, this beautiful setup will convert you. Classic white with beautiful pastel accessories? Yes, please! (via Dille & Kamile)
5. DIY Cactus Oven Mitts: After dealing with all the thick sauces and winter casseroles, your potholders are due for a replacement. DIY these trendy mitts and you’ll be ready for spring baking in no time. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Mod Cloth Scoops of Flower Measuring Spoons ($29): Spring = flowers. A bouquet of cute measuring spoons will ensure your kitchen’s in full bloom.
7. Anthropologie Paiette Flower Apron ($34): Sequins and colorful flowers make for the prettiest apron.
8. West Elm Marble and Wood Cutting Board ($39): Get yourself a board that does double duty. This handsome piece works as a cutting board or serving tray.
9. DIY Pretty Kitchen Storage: Elevate your dish soap situation with a cake stand. Your soap selection will look so much chicer on the side of the sink. (via Clean & Scentsible)
10. Kate Spade Set of 3 Kitchen Tools ($35): Blue is in! These kitchen utensils are a major upgrade. (Chipped Santa spatula, we’re looking at you.)
11. DIY Rental-Friendly Pink Fridge: Give your fridge an overhaul with some temporary wallpaper. This is a *great* way to try a pattern without doing all the walls. (via Horse & Heels)
12. Rifle Paper Co. Jardin De Paris Candle ($28): New season, new scent. This gorgeous candle not only smells amazing; it looks lovely too.
13. The Little Market Large Woven Bowl ($68): Another easy way to bring seasonal cheer to your counters is with a colorful fruit bowl. These woven versions are handmade and come in a wide array of patterns.
Tweet us @BritandCo with your spring cleaning projects!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.