24 DIYs to Freshen Up Your Kitchen Decor for Spring
If you’re looking for a way to liven up your spring kitchen decor, DIYs offer a budget-friendly and creative way to add bursts of color. There’s no lack of ideas to help you set the scene for a fresh spring kitchen with DIY trivets, wall planters and patterned utensils — you just have to decide which one fits your home and style. Whether you opt for a more modern or classic look, you’ll appreciate these super chic DIYs that’ll bump up your kitchen decor game. If you’re up for the challenge of upgrading your kitchen, read on!
1. DIY Color Block Pattern Napkins: Nothing says “Good morning!” like a bright punch of color to your dining table. These DIY color block napkins pair well with all kinds of settings, so think up some creative designs and get busy with the fabric paint. You’ll have yourself the prettiest (and easiest to make) spring napkins in no time. (via Enthralling Gumption)
2. DIY Color Block Magnets: Turn your fridge into a work of art with these colorful magnets. With these trusty accessories, you won’t have to worry about grocery lists or keeping track of which errands to run. You’ll need clay and 3-4 nail polishes to whip up this easy look. (via Enthralling Gumption)
3. DIY Raffia Coasters: Kick off your new-found obsession for raffia with this cute coaster look. Because the material comes in a variety of colors, you might have a little trouble deciding on the best one. The easy answer? Make sets for yourself and your friends. The neon pink packs quite the color punch, if that helps to sway you… (via Enthralling Gumption)
4. DIY Ice Cream Cone Wall Planters: Spring is all about fresh blooms, warm weather and cold treats. If you’re looking to freshen up your kitchen wall or fridge with decorative planters, ice cream is the way to go. (via Aww Sam)
5. DIY Copper Salad Servers: Sleek metallic accents aren’t going anywhere. Bring some burnished warmth to your kitchen this spring with a little glint and glimmer from your DIY copper utensils. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
6. DIY House Shaped Shelf: If you’ve got a thing for mugs, chances are you’ll run short on space. But now having a crowded cupboard isn’t a problem. Use your spare mugs as a reason to decorate your kitchen wall with a DIY *home* of their own. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Color Dipped Wood Kitchen Utensils: Jazz up a set of plain wooden utensils with sherbert paint colors, matte modge-podge and a paintbrush. Complete the collection with a set of DIY color-dipped wooden bowls to match! (via Peonies and Pears)
9. DIY Slatted Wall Hanger: If you’re working with a smaller kitchen where counter space is limited, opt for vertical organization. This slatted wall hanger is a utensil holder, trivet display and wall planter all in one. You can’t get a better deal than that. (via Ich Designer)
10. Walnut and Ceramic Cake Plate: All you’ll need to create this simple look is a white plate, a candle stick and super glue. Whether you choose to thrift your items or buy fancier ones, you’ll be saving big bucks from not having to buy a pre-assembled cake plate. (via Farm Fresh Therapy)
11. Green DIY Wall Planter: Nail your kitchen decor game with a large wall planter display that’ll breathe new life into your kitchen… literally! Using a wall planter saves you precious counter space for your kitchen must-haves, while giving your herb garden a home of its own. (via Lana Red Studio)
12. DIY Fruit Magnets: Cute kitchen accessories are now in season with these-fruit inspired magnets. Decorate your fridge space or make your own metallic frame to display your latest fruity faves. (via A Bubbly Life)
13. DIY Pot Holders: Color isn’t always necessary to make a statement. Play up the minimalist trend while making your own set of striking pot holders by choosing a simple black and white design. (via We Can Make Anything)
14. DIY Copper Pipe Leather Wine Rack: Traditional wooden wine racks get a serious upgrade with this sleek and shiny copper construct. Replicate this ultra chic wine rack using leather (vegan leather works too!) and copper pipes. (via A Bubbly Life)
15. Stained Bamboo Utensil Holder: Maximize drawer space with a crafty utensil holder. Instead of rummaging around in a drawer or cabinet for your kitchen tools, this chic and colorful holder will fancy up your countertop while keeping your oft-needed spatula at the ready. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
16. DIY Painted and Stamped Cork Trivet: Whether you choose to make stripes, geometric shapes or a grid pattern, all you’ll need is painter’s tape. Simply tape out your designs, paint over the untaped section and remove the tape to let dry for a simple chic trivet. (via Blitsy)
17. DIY Rope Trivets: Once you start playing around with weaving rope, you’ll be gifting your friends homemade rope coasters and trivets left and right. From ombré ropes to pretty speckled ropes like the one pictured here, you can whip up dozens of unique designs. (via Fish & Bull)
18. DIY Painted Tray: There’s no wrong way to paint this, so just let your imagination run wild. Once it’s dry, take your decor game to the next level by setting up this pretty tray on your kitchen counter. That is, when you’re not using it to stay in bed with Netflix all day. (via Brit + Co)
19. DIY Moon Phases Coasters and Trivets: Take it up a notch from the usual color block design with a side of abstract patterns. Place two pieces of low-profile carpet tile with one face up and the other face down to recreate these moon phase-inspired coasters and trivets. You’ll be over the moon for the finished product. (via Paper & Stitch)
20. Colorful Clothespin Trivets: Forget the laundry — these bright rays of clothespins bring to mind sunshine and flowers. Stack ‘em up for an eye-catching pot stand made of bright tiers. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
21. DIY Painted Chopsticks: Bring spring into your Asian cuisine with a fresh spring color palette and creative designs. Mix things up with different patterns, like rainbow polka dots and ombré stripes, and get ready to dazzle your dinner party guests. (via Idle Hands Awake)
22. DIY Copper Wire Egg Baskets: Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket — instead, make a bunch of mini baskets out of copper wire. As long as the protective membrane hasn’t already been washed off, farm fresh eggs can hang out on the counter for weeks, in the cutest little rustic display ever to grace your Instagram. Not sold on the lack of refrigeration? Use these bowls to hold your eggs while you cook, or for rolls at your next dinner party. (via Fall For DIY)
23. DIY Wine Rack With Leather Straps: If you’ve got a heart for minimalistic decor and wine, this wine rack made from leather straps is the one for you. Lean it against the wall or mount it; either way you’ll have a seriously chic and new fave decorative accent fit for a wine connoisseur. (via Pretty Nice)
Which of these kitchen DIYs will you craft up for spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)