Ellen DeGeneres Is Launching a Clothing Line
At last night’s People’s Choice Awards, Ellen DeGeneres stole the red carpet in more ways than one. Not only was her sporty take on a classic pantsuit a total style win, but the tracksuit-inspired two-piece was actually a hint at something much bigger. Ellen is adding another branch to her ever-expanding empire — clothing! We’re dancing in our seats at the thought of the bound-to-be tomboy-chic clothing line.
When Giuliana Rancic asked the standard, “Who are you wearing?” question while walking the red carpet with wife Portia de Rossi, Ellen had no trouble remembering the name of the designer of her off-white two-piece. The talk show host-turned-CoverGirl-turned-lifestyle-brand-guru (you have seen her adorably cute E.D. line, right?) announced that not only did she design her PCA look, styled over a Saint Laurent shirt, of course, but she’s adding that outfit and more to a clothing line as part of her QVC brand.
The clothing line, which is a collab with Tory Burch co-founder Chris Burch, is set to launch in May, leaving us just enough time to clean out our closets and make some room for the predictably wearable (and danceable) pieces. While no sketches or descriptions have been released yet, here are six styles we hope make the cut when the collection launches in late Spring.
1. Summer White + Prep School Accessories: A classic dark blazer is the ideal contrast for an all-white summer ensemble. It’s an easy everyday outfit we wouldn’t think twice about slipping into, especially if we can accent it with a rugby striped belt. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Dancing Ensemble: Ready for a little summer outdoor dance party? Us too. That’s why we have our fingers crossed Ellen includes some just-frayed cutoffs and linen button-ups in the clothing collection so we can keep cool while getting down. (Photo via Scott Barbour/Getty)
3. Cool-Girl Collars: Ellen’s staple collared shirts have to be a shoe-in for the collection, but we’re hoping that her line’s polos will be injected with personality, especially at the collars. We love the idea of a shirt collar that features contrasting stripes — an option ready to be dressed up with a blazer — or even one embroidered with conversational quips on each tip. We vote for “Just Dance.” (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
4. Patterned Perfection: Plaid is rad, so naturally if Ellen doesn’t include patterned prints in the apparel lineup we’ll be a little mad (we couldn’t pass up the rhyme!). Gingham is going to be big this season, so we’re hoping she puts a colorful spin on the micro-plaid that would go with more muted window pane prints. (Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)
5. GoldAccents: Gold (or really any shiny) accents on blazers always get us. Ellen, we’re counting on you to include a blingly blazer (and some cute tees for underneath) in your clothing set. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
6. Chic Scarves: Even in the summer a scarf is a must. That’s why we’re hoping Ellen incorporates her love of the light neck warmers — an awesome necklace alternative — into an accessories section of the clothing line. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
Will you be dancing your way to QVC in May to purchase Ellen’s clothing collection? Let us know in the comments below.
(Photos via Frazer Harrison/Getty and Frederic J. Brown/Getty)