6 Red Carpet Dresses That Would Be Perfect for Every Type of Bride
When it comes to red carpet looks, sometimes we feel a little bit conflicted. Sure, they’re beautiful to look at, but in a way it kind of equates to the torture that is window shopping. It’s not like we can be like, “Lady’s Gaga’s dress is awesome. I’m going to grab my credit card and buy that right now.” Okay, you probably could do that, but if you want to be able to pay your rent, we don’t advise it – unless you’re a bride. If that’s the case, go ahead and forget about that bridal magazine session you had planned, because last night’s Emmy Awards just gave us all the wedding dress inspo we need. If you’re walking down the aisle this fall, here are six dresses to use as inspiration no matter what your style is.
1. Lady Gaga: If you’re all about using fashion as a wearable art form, copy Lady Gaga’s after party style with a version of this clean, yet dramatic gown. Rock it in its entirety for the ceremony, then strip down to something you can dance in for the reception. (Photos via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Minimal Bride
2. Naomi Campbell: If you want something that’s going to pack a big punch without a bunch of added fabric, copy this silky number that Naomi wore to this year’s Emmys. The figure-hugging dress is relatively covered up in front but surprises everyone with a flash of skin in the back. (Photos via @zac_posen)
A Wedding Dress for the Low-Key Bride
3. Naomi Watts: If you’re having a backyard or civil ceremony, keep things chill but still semi-formal in something akin to this beautifully bedazzled tea-length gown. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Girly Bride
4. Gina Rodriguez: For some wedding dress inspo that’ll make you feel like you stepped straight out of a fairytale, just look to Gina Rodriguez’s beautifully embellished dress. Whether you’re getting hitched in a garden or a church, this sparkly and sweet number would be a whimsical addition to any kind of ceremony. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Bride Who Hates Dresses
5. Tatiana Maslany: Because who says the bride has to wear a dress? If you’d rather wear a suit and jacket, copy Orphan Black‘s Tatiana’s style for a look that’s both sexy and practical. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Glamorous Bride
6. Emma Roberts: Not afraid to show a little skin? Go for some serious Old Hollywood vibes in a dress with a plunging neckline and flowing skirt. Don’t forget to layer on a serious amount of bling. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What was your favorite look from the Emmys? Share with us in the comments below.
(Feature Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.