6 Red Carpet Dresses That Would Be Perfect for Every Type of Bride
When it comes to red carpet looks, sometimes we feel a little bit conflicted. Sure, they’re beautiful to look at, but in a way it kind of equates to the torture that is window shopping. It’s not like we can be like, “Lady’s Gaga’s dress is awesome. I’m going to grab my credit card and buy that right now.” Okay, you probably could do that, but if you want to be able to pay your rent, we don’t advise it – unless you’re a bride. If that’s the case, go ahead and forget about that bridal magazine session you had planned, because last night’s Emmy Awards just gave us all the wedding dress inspo we need. If you’re walking down the aisle this fall, here are six dresses to use as inspiration no matter what your style is.
A Wedding Dress for the Artsy Bride
1. Lady Gaga: If you’re all about using fashion as a wearable art form, copy Lady Gaga’s after party style with a version of this clean, yet dramatic gown. Rock it in its entirety for the ceremony, then strip down to something you can dance in for the reception. (Photos via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Minimal Bride
2. Naomi Campbell: If you want something that’s going to pack a big punch without a bunch of added fabric, copy this silky number that Naomi wore to this year’s Emmys. The figure-hugging dress is relatively covered up in front but surprises everyone with a flash of skin in the back. (Photos via @zac_posen)
A Wedding Dress for the Low-Key Bride
3. Naomi Watts: If you’re having a backyard or civil ceremony, keep things chill but still semi-formal in something akin to this beautifully bedazzled tea-length gown. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Girly Bride
4. Gina Rodriguez: For some wedding dress inspo that’ll make you feel like you stepped straight out of a fairytale, just look to Gina Rodriguez’s beautifully embellished dress. Whether you’re getting hitched in a garden or a church, this sparkly and sweet number would be a whimsical addition to any kind of ceremony. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Bride Who Hates Dresses
5. Tatiana Maslany: Because who says the bride has to wear a dress? If you’d rather wear a suit and jacket, copy Orphan Black‘s Tatiana’s style for a look that’s both sexy and practical. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
A Wedding Dress for the Glamorous Bride
6. Emma Roberts: Not afraid to show a little skin? Go for some serious Old Hollywood vibes in a dress with a plunging neckline and flowing skirt. Don’t forget to layer on a serious amount of bling. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What was your favorite look from the Emmys? Share with us in the comments below.
(Feature Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)