Environmentally-Friendly Spring Cleaning Essentials Under $12
Spring has sprung, which means the sun shines a little longer on all the little messes around your house. Motivate yourself to do a top-to-bottom spring clean with these must-have products that are both good for the environment and your wallet. They’re all under $12, free from harsh chemicals, and will keep your home smelling fresh all season.
1. Uniquely J Friends of Forests Paper Towels ($12): Paper towels have a tendency to feel like a no-no when you’re trying to be environmentally-friendly, but these are made up of fibers sourced using responsible forestry practices.
2. Uniquely J Clean Living All Purpose Cleaning Wipes($5): For those dusty corners and surfaces where paper towels don’t cut it, use one of these all-purpose wipes. They’re made with plant-based ingredients and zero hazardous chemicals.
3. Uniquely J Clean Living Fragrance-Free Wood Floor Cleaner ($6): Make sure you’re using clean products on all your surfaces, like this heavy duty wood floor cleaner that’s fragrance-free, EPA Safer Choice Certified, and safe for pets.
4. Uniquely J Clean Living Sport Laundry Detergent ($10): You mean to tell us you use the same detergent for all your clothes? You already separate your whites and colors, so you might as well also be separating your loads a step further by wear. This sport laundry detergent has stain and odor fighting power and is exactly what your leggings need after a week of pilates.
5. Uniquely J Rosemary Grapefruit Lime Scented Toilet Bowl Cleaner ($5): Replace that traditional bleach-scented toilet cleaner with a deodorizing one that will leave your bathroom smelling like rosemary, grapefruit, and lime.
6. Uniquely J Clean Living Dish Soap, Lemon Thyme Basil Scented ($4): Keep your dishes from smelling like the last meal that touched them. This dish soap is hard on grease and has the fresh scent of herbs and citrus.
7. Uniquely J Sparkling Grapefruit Scented Bathroom Cleaner ($4): This all-in-one bathroom cleaner will have the tub, toilet, sink, and tile sparkling. Plus it has 100 percent recyclable packaging.
8. Uniquely J Deluxe Laundry Pacs ($10): For a lazy Sunday, throw one of these laundry pacs in the wash. They’re safe for all washers and dissolve in any water temperature.
9. Uniquely J Facial Tissues with Lotion ($6): Bonus: Although these are not necessarily essential for cleaning your house, with spring flowers come… allergies. Keep the germs away by stashing these aloe and vitamin E formulated tissues around the house for yourself and sneezy guests.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.