Have baby, will travel. Hauling your brood with you when you’re on the go isn’t always easy, but it’s not an impossible challenge. Whether you’re headed out to the grocery store, the airport, the mall, or the park, you need the “just right” gear to get there. Because schlepping baby around in your arms alone just won’t cut it. Check out these awesome options that can help you to transport your tots in almost every situation.
at the Airport
1. Baby Tula Free-to-Grow Baby Carrier ($159): It kind of sucks to get the “perfect” carrier, only to realize that your baby outgrew it before her half birthday. This baby carrier will get you through the airport hands-free (which is just what you need in order to drag a stack of wheeled bags behind you) and, as the name implies, it will actually grow with your baby. Start using it when your little one is seven pounds, and keep on going until she hits 45 pounds. All you need to do is adjust the width and height settings, and your baby will fit as she grows.
At the park OR BEACH
2. Veer Cruiser ($599): This pick is an all-terrain cruiser that will make the lumpy, bumpy road at the park a breeze. This stroller starts with an infant attachment, adjusts for older babies and toddlers, and keeps going well beyond that. The wagon-like design features a one-touch locking brake and pinch-proof safety hinges, an expandable foot well, hose-washable fabric, and the option to push it like a stroller or pull it like a wagon. Oh, and it rides over sand, snow, or just about anything else that mother nature has to offer.
At the mall
3. Ergobaby 180 Reversible Stroller ($399): When you’re headed out to the mall with your tot in tow, you need a stroller that gets the job done. Of course, you could try to balance a wailing baby on your hip as you wait in line to buy the face-sized cookie your toddler is just going to drop on the ground anyway. This stroller has a reversible handlebar, making it easy for you to switch from baby facing out or facing you. It also has a one-hand fold, meaning you can easily pack up and head home after your day of shopping.
At the grocery store
4. UppaBaby Vista ($899): Multitasking mamas need a stroller that can multitask too. The Vista seats two, and you can use the seat forward-facing or give your tyke a nap with its recline feature. But wait — you can take your baby, your toddler, and your preschooler for a ride around the produce aisle with the PiggyBack ride-along board. If you need some extra space to stash all that baby gear or grocery bags, it’s got an extra large easy-access basket on the bottom. (Photo via UppaBaby)
5. LILLEBaby Complete Organic Cotton Carrier ($170): This versatile, six-in-one carrier can help you tote baby around from the newborn period until she’s 45 pounds. Adjust it from a front-fetal position, to facing outward, to a hip carry, and on to a toddler backpack carry. If you’re out for a day at the park, this model also has a sleeping hood that will shade her eyes (and provides privacy while nursing!). It even comes complete with a large-zippered storage pocket for your keys, phone, or paci.
on a hike
6. Kelty Journey 2.0 ($260): When a day at the park means more than just a gentle stroll through a grassy field, this is what you need. This backpack has a five-point harness to keep your tot safe, a sun hood to keep the rays out, toy loops for… um, her toys, under-seat storage, a front storage pocket, a water bottle pocket, and plenty of padding to keep you comfortable too. Whew!
What’s your favorite way to tote your tot around? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.