When it comes to furnishing your home, we all know the kitchen is where it’s at. If it’s where the food and booze are kept, it’s basically the center of our universe. So its main furnishing, the dining table, is pretty important too. And as you know, we’re big on helping you live in even the tiniest home, so in the spirit of “good things come in small packages,” here are 18 gorgeous dining tables that all expand. They’ll fit just single you, then stretch out to accommodate any guests visiting. We think that’s worth celebrating with a dinner party for all your friends.
2. West Elm Drop Leaf Dining Table ($499): We can’t even explain how much we love this one — fold it all the way out for a rustic farmhouse look, or keep the leaves dropped for an instant buffet table.
4. Maryland Merlot Counter Height Table ($294): Dark wood and high stools combine for a look that would feel at home in your favorite cocktail bar, making it perfect for brunch and happy hour. Those extra shelves are clutch for small-space living.
5. Benchwright Extending Dining Table ($1799-2399): We love the rustic wood and blocky legs in this farmhouse design. The unique breadboard extensions hold drop-in leaves, which take this table from dinner to two to Thanksgiving for the whole family.
7. Industrial Storage Coffee Table ($599): Clear the clutter out of the living room by tucking books + magazines into this school desk-reminiscent coffee table. We even envision keeping spare placemats inside for those spur of the moment decisions to have dinner on the floor. (You do that too, right?)
8. Parker Mid-Century Expandable Dining Table ($599-$699): This table is all about the angles — the legs paired with that chair set are interior design perfection.
9. Tempered Glass Extendable Dining ($599): Invest in this table, and even in the distant future when we’re living with Jetsons-era technology, it’ll still blend in.
10. Jonathan Adler Bond Dining Table ($3,200): We love pieces that blur the line between functionality and art. Turn your home into a modern art museum with this chic table.
11. Fantasy Extendable Table in Birch ($1,750): A light-colored pine wood with white accents is our new fave combo. Pair it with a geometric statement rug and you could be on the cover of the next West Elm catalog.
12. Corner Housewares Transforming X Coffee and Dining Table ($231): Talk about high tech home decor — this table uses a unique aluminum telescoping mechanism to expand from coffee table to dining height. This is one table to rule them all!
13. Delta Dining Table ($5,721): The fusion of natural wood and modern glass makes this table utterly eye-catching. It’s so well-designed, you can’t even see the extension mechanism.
14. Cucina Americana Classico Dining Table ($773): This sleek table would look just as at home in a professional kitchen as in yours. Pair it with stainless steel appliances and enjoy your restaurant for one.
15. International Concepts Drop Leaf Table ($68): Even broke college students can afford some design moments. This unfinished table not only changes size, it comes unfinished so you tap your inner DIY-self for the modern-est of modern designs.
17. Clifton Extendable Table ($1,600): Talk about futuristic design! We’d love to see this cold, sleek table paired with a bunch of pattern and texture.
18. Zen Extendable Dining Table ($3,095): Another functional midcentury design FTW. The name says it all — we feel zen just looking at it!
Looking for more ways to add drama and function to your dining room? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.