20 Space-Saving Dining Tables for Your Apartment
When it comes to your home, we all know the kitchen is where it’s at. After all, it’s where you’ll find all the food and booze (and subsequently, all the people). So having a stylish and functional dining table is pretty important. You don’t even need to have a huge kitchen to make it feel welcoming. In the spirit of “good things come in small packages,” here are 20 gorgeous dining tables that all expand. They’ll fit you and stretch out to accommodate any guests visiting. We think that’s worth celebrating with a dinner party for all your friends.
1. Coaster Home Furnishings Midcentury Table ($131): Mid-century modern meets 21st century sleek white in this expandable table. Swing it out for four, and then fold it up into a compact drawer set.
2. Jofran Maryland Merlot Counter Height Table ($299): Dark wood and high stools combine for a look that would feel at home in your favorite cocktail bar, making it perfect for brunch and happy hour. Those extra shelves are clutch for small-space living.
3. Fasthomegoods WALLNITURE Wall-Mounted Drop Leaf Table ($89): A simple design and a coat of black paint make this wall-mounted table perfect as a breakfast nook or fold-away desk.
4. Great Deal Furniture Wood Lift Top Storage Coffee Table ($182): Clear the clutter out of the living room by tucking books and magazines into this school desk/coffee table. We even envision keeping spare placemats inside for those spur-of-the-moment decisions to have dinner on the floor. (You do that too, right?)
5. Parker West Elm Mid-Century Expandable Dining Table ($599+): This table is all about the angles — the legs paired with that chair set are interior design perfection.
7. Pottery Barn Benchwright Extending Dining Table ($1,799+): We love the rustic wood and blocky legs in this farmhouse design. The unique breadboard extensions hold drop-in leaves, which take this table from dinner for two to Thanksgiving for the whole family.
8. Darby Home Co Widmer Extendable Dining Table ($263): Here’s a life hack. Who says outdoor tables can’t sit indoors? This affordable table can travel with you through life, from hosting roommate dinners in your first dining room to baby showers in your first backyard.
9. HomeVance Ogden Extendable Parson Leg Dining Table ($710): Growing up, all the action happened at the dining table — coloring, studying, eating our favorite dish of Mom’s spaghetti, and late-night conversations about politics with Dad. Not only does this dining table add timeless charm to your humble abode, but it also extends enough space for all the magic to happen.
10. International Concepts Drop Leaf Table ($80): Even broke college students can afford some design moments. This unfinished table changes size and it comes unfinished, so you can tap your inner DIY-self for the most modern of modern designs.
11. Baxton Studio Sunderland Coastal Natural Wood Kitchen Cart ($483): Some lifestyles and space limitations don’t call for a full-fledged dining table. If you find yourself eating meals in bed, consider this kitchen cabinet-turned-table when you’re ready to upgrade. (Pair it with your favorite set of bar stools!)
12. John Boos Cucina Americana Classico Dining Table ($788): This sleek table would look just as at home in a professional kitchen as in yours. Pair it with stainless steel appliances and enjoy your personal restaurant.
14. Clifton Extendable Table ($844): We’d love to see this sleek table paired with a bunch of patterns and texture.
15. INK+IVY Zen Dining Table ($549): Another functional mid-century design FTW. The name says it all — we feel zen just looking at it!
16. West Elm Box Frame Drop Leaf Expandable Table ($499): We can’t even explain how much we love this one — fold it all the way out for a rustic farmhouse look, or keep the leaves dropped for an instant buffet table.
17. Pianca USA Delta Dining Table ($5,065): The fusion of natural wood and modern glass makes this table utterly eye-catching. It’s so well-designed, you can’t even see the extension mechanism.
18. Jonathan Adler Nixon Dining Table ($4,800): We love pieces that blur the line between functionality and art. Turn your home into a modern art museum with this chic table.
19. Winsome Wood Pulman Extension Table ($101): When your life is bountiful with last-minute RSVPs, consider this simple, wooden dining table. This table causes zero stress when accommodating unexpected guests.
20. UO Stella Expandable Dining Table ($299): Live your best millennial pink life with this extendable, and v. peachy table — ideal for gal’s wine night.
Looking for more ways to add drama and function to your dining room? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.