23 of the Best Fall-Inspired Ways to Announce Your Engagement
You said yes, and you could not be more excited to make it official with your S.O. First off, congrats! But before you get on with planning your wedding, and all the other pre-wedding details you need to start nailing down, you should share the happy news with friends and family. If you’re stumped about how to break the news of your fall engagement, check out these creative autumn-inspired engagement announcement ideas that will hopefully inspire yours!
1. Put a Ring on It: Place your new sparkler on beautiful fall leaves to commemorate the highlight of the season. Add a personal touch by giving your fiance a big ol’ smooch in the background.
2. Falling Leaves: Capture this special moment in your *whirlwind* romance with a whirlwind of autumn leaves. It helps to have a friend or two to snap the perfect shot.
3. Apple Picking: Of all the apples, he picked you and you picked him. Share your engagement news with a photo incorporating apple picking — one of fall’s favorite activities. (via Pinterest)
4. Fall-Friendly Flannel: Flannel anything is a staple of fall. Snap a pic of your engagement ring surrounded by a flannel scarf or blanket. The vibrant colors and soft textures will make your new bling glow even brighter. (via Jenn Wagner Photography / Reverie Gallery)
5. Gather ‘Round the Campfire: Whether you’re out camping or in the backyard, a roaring fire symbolizes heating things up. Take a pic of the two of you holding hands over the flames for a subtle yet fiery way to announce your engagement.
6. What a View: If your S.O. popped the question on a morning hike, take advantage of the impressive backdrop with a celebratory snap. Plus, your casual attire will be *totally* adorbs.
7. Hook, Line and Sinker: You’re hooked in the best way possible. Show just how elated you and your fiance are with a pic overlooking the lake.
8. Flaunt It: If you and the boo weren’t able to take photos “in the moment,” no prob. Share the news with a photo of you wearing a top that says, “I do.” Uh, adorable much?
9. Word Play: Whether you’re playing Scrabble or Bananagrams, use the letter tiles to spell out the special news. No doubt friends and family will appreciate your clever wordplay.
10. #PSL I Love You: Fall is all about that pumpkin spice life. So what better way to share *the* news of fall than with *the* drink of the season?
11. Talk to the Hand: A photo says so much, especially if you include a handwritten note. Make sure it’s your left hand so you can show off the ring at the same time.
12. Puppy Love: If your S.O. put a ring on it, the two of you are making your family official. Be sure to share the news with a photo featuring the furry third member of the fam.
13. In Your Hands: If your boo proposed to you in fall, snap a pic of your gorgeous new engagement ring and a leaf or two to capture the beautiful colors of the season. It might be too picture-perfect for your friends to handle. (via Caitlin Sheffer Photography)
14. Good Dogs: If your furry friends are as well trained as these cute companions, maybe the best way to announce your engagement is with them. Just look at those adorable faces!
15. This Just Got Real: Let your shirt do the talking. If you’re looking for something other than a traditional ring shot, a proposal-themed tee should do the trick.
16. Best Moments: Too many sweet memories to choose from? Feature some of the steps leading to the engagement like this lucky lady did! Your friends and family will love a chance to get a glimpse into some of the happiest times of your life.
17. Chalk It Up: This one’s great to show how much you appreciate your partner in life while still providing a little privacy. ;) Let your friends know what you said with a chalkboard sign.
18. Mugshot: Snap a photo of a customized mug to share the good news. Though you might want to get another personalized coffee cup once you tie the knot. Maybe you can break this one at the wedding?
19. Pumpkin Patch: Planning on visiting a pumpkin patch anytime soon? Make sure to incorporate it into your engagement announcement like this happy couple did. (via Stripling Photography / Emmaline Bride)
21. Tree of Life: Your engagement marks the start of a new life. Commemorate the milestone with a sentimental snap of the two of you and an autumn-glowing tree. (via Christine Cabrera / Love Life from Scratch)
22. Tying the Knot: Have your little one break the news (and maybe the internet) by tying a knot. It makes for a seriously cute Instagram pic, f’real.
23. Future Mrs.: No bells and whistles required. If you’re looking for a subtle way to break the news, this simple but sweet photo idea is a winner.
What’s your favorite engagement announcement idea? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding ideas.