17 Creative Fall Engagement Photo Ideas
Falling leaves and cool breezes aren’t the only things in the air this autumn. Love is too! If you recently got engaged or are about to tie the knot, there’s no better time to schedule a romantic photo shoot that celebrates your love story and showcases the season in all of its flaming red, orange and yellow glory. From snapping pretty pics at your local pumpkin patch to planning a couple’s campout, here are 17 fun ways to personalize your session while heading outside.
1. Leaf Tunnel: You’ll be walking down the aisle soon enough, but for now, let a tunnel of trees lead the way to true love. Scattered across the ground, leaves make for natural photo props or even aisle decor if you’re saying “I do” outdoors during the fall. (via Simply Sweet Photography)
2. Pumpkin Patch: Carve out some time to visit a nearby pumpkin patch with your one and only. You’ll find the perfect jack-o’-lantern gourd and capture some amazing memories on camera. (via Stripling Photography)
4. Tractor Ride: Who knew a tractor ride could be so romantic? Steal the idea by selecting a farm setting and harvest theme for your photo shoot. If you’re planning a rustic wedding, you can also make a tractor your getaway vehicle as an unexpected way to roll off into the sunset. (via Jessica Burke)
6. Colorful Canopy: Ready to “fall” all over again? Declare your love beneath a colorful canopy of leaves as tree reflections shimmer across a serene pond in the background. (via Style + Story Creative)
7. Furry Friend: Your family wouldn’t be complete without your fur baby, so it’s only right that she take center stage during your engagement session. Dress her up in a cute fall sweater for a look that’s especially adorable. (via Rachel Smith Photography)
10. Pumpkin Save the Date: Pumpkins, silver paint and nature are all you need to recreate this phenomenal photo. Use it for save the date cards, or bookmark the idea for a super sweet pregnancy announcement later on. (via George Street Photo + Video)
11. Fall Finery: When it comes to planning an amazing autumn photo shoot, what you wear is just as important as the location you choose. In orange pants (him), plus a plaid flannel shirt and black tights (her), this duo is definitely ready to steal the spotlight. (via Amy Arrington Photography)
12. Canoeing: This photo is proof that gray, cloudy days can still lead to lovely pictures. Even if the sun isn’t shining, grab your honey and steal a smooch out on the water or someplace else that’s special. Who knows? You might even get caught in a shower for an unexpected photo op. (via Gina Brocker Photography)
13. Towering Waterfall: It doesn’t get much more spectacular than this. With a towering waterfall as your backdrop, it’s impossible not to capture photos that are canvas-print material. (via Jordan Voth Photography)
15. Sweet S’mores: Nothing says fall lovin’ like toasting a scrumptious batch of s’mores over a backyard pit or campfire. Snag the idea to sweeten up your engagement shoot, and don’t even think about forgetting the mugs and hot cocoa. (via Austin Gros)
What’s your favorite fall engagement photo idea? Share some creative inspiration below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)