19 Ways to Wear Midi Skirts This Season
One thing to love about midi skirts is the fact that they work for every season. Pair them with a cropped top for summer, a floral blouse for spring or a chunky knit for fall and you’ve got yourself a weather-appropriate, beautifully put-together look. That’s why we’ve rounded up 19 midis that are perfect pieces to wear this season and beyond.
1. High Waist Skirt with Belt ($100): This deep, dusty rose color is the perfect hue for fall, but the best part? You could wear it all year ’round depending on how you style it. This season, a cozy sweater and a pair of chunky boots’ll do it justice.
2. Sheer Midi Skirt With Scattered Rosebud Pattern ($128): This subtly pleated skirt adds a vintage twist to your look. Paired with a cropped blazer, it’s ideal for the office!
3. Check Print Skirt ($42): Because black and white checks will never go out of style, this midi is one that you’ll get to rock year after year.
4. Button-Front Floral Midi Skirt ($20): The price of this skirt makes it practically disposable, but we’re never getting rid of this beauty! The antique-inspired florals and muted palette make for a lovely combination.
5. Tiger Lilies Skirt ($50): Mustard yellow is one of the hottest colors of the season. It’s bold enough to hold its own against black, burgundy or olive green, but it also works well with softer colors like sage, white or more yellow.
6. Mirrored Floral Pencil Skirt ($16): For something a little more formal, opt for a floral-covered pencil skirt. This versatile, scuba knit piece would go wonderfully with a cropped sweater or a button down and a blazer.
7. Burgundy Jacquard Midi Skirt ($98): Fall wouldn’t be fall without heavy wools. This burgundy midi is elegant and super ladylike.
8. Pleated Faux Leather Midi Skirt ($114): Add some (faux) leather to your life with a classic black pleated midi. It’s traditional enough to wear to the office but edgy enough to give you some flare. Literally.
9. Grass Lace Midi Skirt ($158): This punchy green skirt is gorgeous. You could totally wear it to a wedding any time of year, or add some layering pieces to make it more approps for the colder weather. And also, LACE!!!
10. Knife Pleat Midi Skirt ($57): Lightweight chiffon is usually a fabric reserved for summer, but this knife pleated piece is an exception to that rule. A light and airy skirt serves as the perfect base for a layered look.
11. Silky Midi Skirt ($69): The slip-like quality of this midi is a great contrast to any heavy pieces you’d wear along with it. And it also comes in purple, so you may want to get your hands on both.
13. Tommy Hilfiger Stripe Midi Skirt ($70): Stripes get a curvy makeover on this nautical-feeling skirt. Wear this minimal yet whimsical print with a Peter Pan collared shirt for an extra ladylike look.
15. Polka Dot Midi Skirt ($58): If this look isn’t the definition of cool girl, we don’t know what is. The hot pink moto jacket, Converse sneakers and graphic tee would be nothing, though, without this polka dotted gray midi skirt.
17. Faux Leather Midi Skirt ($119): Leather isn’t just for your jacket, and this navy midi proves it. It’s a little bit country and a little bit rock n’ roll.
18. Jacquard Midi Skirt ($775): Looking for something unique? This one-of-a-kind skirt features metallics and some Brit girl color. Yes, please. With a cherry on top.
19. Traveler Midi Skirt ($58): Rock this scarf-printed midi for a look that screams bohemian goddess.
Tell us about your favorite midi skirt in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)