Hot cocoa. Scarves. Snuggles. Yeah, you could say there are lots of reasons to be excited about the impending fall. But, as much as we love all those things, we’re really REALLY excited for this chilly weather season for another reason — plaid, plaid, oh… and more plaid. Mad for plaid, we are. Yup, we’re head over heels for this fun print. This year though, we figured it was time to take our obsession to a whole new height and stock our wardrobes with the latest and greatest in the fall spectrum — so we did. Here are 30 of our favorite fall fashion finds that make plaid look oh-so good.
2. Lillie Lace Up Flat ($65): With just a small touch of tartan, these fab flats had us at “hello, darlin’.” In addition to sporting our fave print, they’re great for dressing up or dressing down. Win-win, our friends.
3. Digital Plaid Jacket ($168): We don’t know what Marilyn Monroe was talking about. Diamonds aren’t a girl’s best friend… blazers are. Chic statement pieces in their own right, blazers like this one effortlessly dress up a down-to-earth-jeans-and-t-shirt combo.
4. Camp Director Tote in Plaid ($60): Think flannel should be relegated for your button downs? Think again. We were pleasantly surprised by this gem, which totally owns the print.
7. Plaid Henley Blouse ($55): If you aren’t quite ready to join us in the world of plaid everything, then going basic with a classic plaid button down is a simplistic and stylish way to ease yourself into this trend.
8. Sophie Plaid Loafers ($138): The colors in this cuter-than-cute loafer remind of the hues that highlight the trees during this upcoming season. That detail alone stole our hearts. The plaid sealed the deal.
9. Somedays Lovin Streamline Plaid Dress ($89): Talk about a perfect summer-to-fall transitional dress!
10. Plaid Flannel Shirt ($38): Add a little “prep” to your step with this masculine-meets-feminine version of flannel done right.
11. Desi Kitten Heel Pump ($70): In case you haven’t heard, kitten heels are a trend that we and our very relieved feet can get behind. Just when we thought we couldn’t love this manageable heel height any more, it went and met up with our best buddy plaid.
13. Plaid Rush Skirt ($58): This plaid pencil gives a whole new meaning to “hot teacher.” No classroom required.
14. Kiel James Patrick Tartan Bow Tie Bracelet ($58): Bow bracelet, meet plaid. Plaid, meet bow bracelet. Who said we aren’t skilled matchmakers?
15. Luck Be a Lady Dress in Scholar ($75): Is it okay to wear the same dress every week? We ask because we’re seriously considering testing it out thanks to this killer dress.
16. ASOS Tube Trousers in Tartar Check ($55): It’s about time the basic trouser got a plaid makeover. Seriously, we can’t wait to rock these around Brit HQ, Gwen Stefani style.
17. Jenn D’Orsay Pump ($70): Have we mentioned that we love plaid high heels? No? Let’s say it loud and proud: We L-O-V-E plaid high heels.
18. Miss Patina Embrace Me Plaid Skirt ($68): Fresh, flirty, feminine and easily dressed up or down… now that’s the makings of a great skirt buy.
19. BB Dakota Rosanna Plaid Jacket ($109): Like a little edge with your plaid? Then this jacket is calling your name.
20. Too Much Fun Dress in Bright Plaid ($90): Yet another gorg transitional piece for the annual hot/cold weather tango that comes to a city near you in mid-September.
21. ASOS Tartan Scarf ($24): We don’t know about you, but we can handle frigid weather as long as we’ve got one of these babies.
22. Herschel Supply Co. Novel Plaid Weekend Bag ($79): Even when you’re headed out of town for the weekend, you can take plaid along in style.
23. Wool Sleeveless Plaid Dress ($148): The equestrians of the world have always known the secret beauties of plaid. Let’s take a moment to thank goodness the rest of the world finally got a clue and are creating riding-inspired pretties like this dress that us non-riders can enjoy, too.
24. Black Soft Plaid Infinity Scarf ($75): Now this is a scarf that’s making a statement!
25. Celia Pointed Toe Loafer ($60): Noticing a trend? Plaid loafers and heels are totally “it” for this upcoming fall.
26. Kimchi Blue Dylan Plaid Shirtdress ($50): This adorable dress proves that you don’t have to be (or look like) a lumberjack to rock plaid. We do love plaid-clad lumberjacks though…
27. LA Hearts Plaid Faux Leather Trim Backpack ($12): Sing it with us now! “Back to schooooool. Back to schoooool. To show everybody that plaid is cooooool.” Yeah, sometimes this print even moves us to pen songs.
What’s your favorite way to “plaid” your world? Tell us in the comment section below!