Fall is in the air, and it’s time to put your summer clothes away and rock all those autumnal hues calling your name. In addition to all the blues and plaids that have been sneaking into our closets, we are also swooning over all gray everything. Gray dresses, gray blazers and even gray hair — you name it and we’ll wear it! While we love to contrast this subtle hue with our favorite bright summer accessories we aren’t quite ready to put away, it’s bold enough to stand alone, too. So what is your closet waiting for?! Take total inspiration from these 12 chic ways to wear gray.
2. Basic Gray: Your basic gray tee just turned into your favorite top to layer. Wear your comfy gray tee with a statement skirt or necklace or even your go-to jeans and a leather jacket for a polished everyday look. (via ShoeLive)
4. Gray Wrap Coat: This sleek gray number is perfect for those signature brisk fall days when a cardigan just won’t do. And with this wrap coat in your closet, you’ll always hope the weather is perfectly chilled. Pair with your favorite pumps to look instantly posh. (via Bloglovin’)
7. Perfect Cardigan: Hello, oversized cardigan. We always keep a comfy cardi close at hand, and we love this fall piece paired with denim shorts and a white tee for those transitional weather days. (via Mija)
8. Camo Days: We all have a pair of bold-patterned pants that have been waiting for their big day. Pair a simple gray sweater with your printed pair for a fun look that is sure to be a standout. (via Sincerely Jules)
9. Gray Blazer: We love this sleek blazer paired with ultra luxe trousers, but especially when the look is mixed with girly details like a ruffled blouse and glamour curls. (via Curves and Confidence)
10. Flannel For Days: This gray-and-flannel combo is calling for a day date to the apple orchard. We are also loving these fall booties paired with subtly distressed denim. Put it all together and you’ve got a sartorial success in our book! (via Cara Loren)
What’s your favorite way to wear gray? Slouchy cardi? Matador hat? Tell us in the comments below!