Pleats are the secret miracle workers of the fashion industry. These guys can change the silhouette of a garment, make something more figure-flattering and add a whole lotta visual interest to an outfit. While we’ve already professed our adoration of accordion pleats, there are a ton more players in this pleat-filled game (box, knife and penny, to name a few). Here are 17 fabulous ways for you to fall in love with ’em all.
1. Pleated Midi Skirt in Floral Print ($77): This cheery floral midi would be great for a fun summer outing. We’re lovin’ the color scheme of this outfit.
2. Sweet Pleats Shorts ($23): When was the last time you saw an adult look this good in a skort? That’s right, we’re reviving this childhood trend.
3. Skater Dress With Pleats in Geo Jacquard ($61): This vintage print combined with the collared style just screams ’50s. Someone, please throw a Mad Men viewing party and wear this to it.
4. Inverted-Pleat Tulip Skirt ($69): Remember how we said pleats can totally change the silhouette of a garment? This whimsical tulip skirt is all the proof you need.
5. Skater Dress With Pleated Skirt ($77): Light and breezy dresses like this one are all that we want to wear during this time of year. We’d definitely pair this with a fresh flower crown.
6. Loosen Up Pants ($78): Oh, man! Just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, we discovered these billowy pleated pants. Tuck in a cute blouse and you could absolutely wear these to work.
7. Midi Skirt With Bold Pleats ($58): This simple skirt is an excellent way to add a pop of color to an outfit. We’d wear it exactly like this. See? A good crop top can be classy.
8. Crepe Shorts With Pleat Front ($113): Orange is absolutely a hot color this summer. These shorts could easily be dressed up with a tucked in blouse and a nice structured blazer.
9. Saya Shorts in Print ($61): It’s a little bit hard to tell because of the awesome print, but these shorts are extremely pleated. As in, they’re completely made of pleated fabric.
10. Accordion Pleated Maxi Dress ($120): Speaking of things made completely from pleats… how is it possible for a dress to be sostylish and comfortable at the same time?
11. Vintage in Shape Shorts ($128): Let’s take a trip back to the ’80s, shall we? We’re seriously crushin’ on everything this outfit has to offer, from these fantastic shorts to those metallic sandals.
12. Pleated Keyhole Blouse ($50): We seem to keep mentioning cute blouses when talking about work wardrobes, so you might want to add this to yours. That keyhole cutout is the perfect cherry on top.
13. Big Box Pleat Skirt ($157): What an ideal skirt for New Years! Although, we’ll probably end up wearing it many, many times before that. Sometimes, all you need is a single pleat (and a little gold).
14. Scuba Skater Skirt in Blue ($27): This simple blue skirt won us over within the first seconds of us seeing it. There’s just something so appealing about that pastel shade.
15. Skirt With Origami Pleat ($23): Forget boring box pleats, check out this origami pleat! We need to see lots more of these.
16. Garden Party Jacquard Dress ($73): Wait, sorry. We still love box pleats. If not worn to a garden party, this dress would be well-suited for a daytime wedding.
17. Pleated Maxi Skirt ($67): We’re huge color fanatics at Brit HQ, so skirts like this one really excite us. Maxi skirts just mean that we get to see even more of our favorite colors!
Which pleated garment are you totally obsessed with right now? Tell us in the comments below!