Getting ready to welcome a new baby into the world is definitely worthy of a celebration. So whether you’re planning your own shower or taking control for your BFF, it better be a party to remember. To kick off October, we’re throwing out some cute Halloween-themed ideas. Don’t worry though — it doesn’t mean you have to decorate the place with spiders and skeletons. From pumpkin-y invitations to sweet DIYs to tasty treats, these ideas will help you make it a pretty, pumpkin-filled event.
1. Little Pumpkin Party: Update the standard orange and green color scheme and lighten things up by going with turquoise and peach instead. You have to admit, the free printable banner and food labels here are too good to pass up. (via One Charming Party)
2. Painted Pumpkin Vases: Scour your local thrift store for cool candlesticks and top them with small painted pumpkins. Go with the real thing or opt for faux pumpkins so you can pull them out again next year. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
3. Donut Pumpkins: If you’re planning a brunch baby shower, don’t forget to whip up a few of these donut painted pumpkins. The best part is that they only take 10 minutes to make, so it won’t bog down your to-do list. (via Studio DIY)
4. Pumpkin Chai Pie Pops: This grab-and-go dessert is filled with chai spiced pumpkin puree and is sure to be a hit with all your PSL-loving friends. Short on time? Store-bought dough makes these as easy as… pie. (via Cooking Channel)
5. Faux Pumpkin Guestbook: Don’t use a regular guestbook that will get tucked away and never looked at again. Instead, have your guests sign a plastic pumpkin and put it someplace special when you decorate for the holidays every year. (via Something Turquoise)
6. Watercolor Invitations ($18): Keep your baby shower on trend with these whimsical watercolor invitations. You can have them professionally printed or DIY ’em right from your desk. No matter what you choose, these invites will set the tone for your whole party.
7. Fabric Covered Pumpkins: Break out the Mod Podge and raid your scrap fabric bin. Decoupaged pumpkins will match your color scheme and stay true to the season without making your baby shower feel like a haunted house. (via And Everything Sweet)
8. No-Nonsense Neutrals: We’re *slightly* obsessed with bright colors, but sometimes less is more. Take advantage of the gorgeous white pumpkins filling up the store and scatter them around the room for a subtle fall feeling. (via Vintage Pretty)
9. Watercolor Pumpkins: Coat pumpkins in watercolor paint to match baby’s gender, or do both colors if you’re having a gender reveal. After the paint is dry, coat the stem in Mod Podge and a thick layer of gold glitter to add a little glam factor. (via Nest of Posies)
10. DIY Stamped Onesies: Set up a onesie decorating station, complete with Halloween-themed stamps. Insert a small paper gift bag inside each onesie to prevent the ink from bleeding through and use the handle to hang them up to dry. (via DIY Del Ray)
Are you having a Halloween baby shower? Will any of our ideas make an appearance? We’d love to hear from you!