14 Busy-Girl Essentials to Help You Survive NYFW in Style
It’s that time of year again, people! Fashion Month is officially in full swing, and we couldn’t be more stoked. But before we start basking in a new slew of OMG-worthy fashion trends, covetable street style ensembles and sneak peeks of our favorite celebs (we’re looking at you, Bella Hadid), there are a few important things we need to get squared away — like pulling together a killer survival kit. Even if you aren’t headed to New York, London, Milan or Paris to catch the shows, the 14 must-have style and beauty picks below are perfect for any fashion-forward working girl who wants to turn heads while she’s busy setting trends.
1. bkr Teeny 250 ml Water Bottle in Romeo ($28): When it comes to fashion week (and let’s be real, life in general) important things like — you know — hydration take a backseat to more minute details like rounding out your outfit with a show-stopping coat or a killer pair of block-heel kicks. No more! This bitty bottle slips effortlessly into any cool-girl carrier, meaning you can drink on the go.
2. Zara V-Cut Heeled Shoes ($50): Teetering, towering stilettos aren’t exactly prime walking shoes. Pounding the pavement calls for sensible kicks that pack a punch, and these quicksilver stunners are it. The kitten heels offer just the right amount of lift without compromising on comfort.
4. Glossier Balm Dot Com ($12): Glossier’s signature Balm Dot Com gives us life — it’s the kind of game-changing product that does it all. Dry cuticles, chapped lips, lusterless complexion — you name it; this little tube of goodness will kick all those winter beauty woes to the curb. Beauty bag essential? You bet it is.
5. Ban.do Back Me Up Mobile Charger ($35): A dead phone battery is the bane of every working girl and #OOTD queen’s existence. Luckily, this super slim mobile charger ensures you won’t miss snapping up a single runway pic. The best part? It’ll slip into even the most minuscule sacks — so go ahead, rock that mini bag, girl.
6. Kevyn Aucoin The Matte Lip Color in True Red ($33): Whether you’re flitting between shows or killin’ it in client meetings, a swipe of matte red lipstick is all you need to keep your lady-in-charge look feeling fresh — even if you were up painting the town red into the wee hours the night before.
7. Storets Gemma Flowy Top ($68): Peacocking is part of fashion week, but the loudest ensemble isn’t always the chicest. Tried-and-true pieces with amped-up trimmings, like the show-stopping sleeves above, allow you to keep things classy while still making a statement. Check and mate.
8. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist ($32): Fresh-faced and lookin’ fly is how you like to play it. Winter weather can suck the life out of your skin, but this heavenly botanical spray will help you maintain a dreamy, dewy glow — no matter what the day brings.
9. Rifle Paper Co. Novel 2017 Agenda ($30): If you’re of the tactile type, a chic planner is non-negotiable for keeping on top of your jam-packed schedule. Our pick? This pretty-in-pink option that is nasty woman-approved.
11. Kate Spade New York “Let’s Do Lunch” Business Card Holder ($20): Be it a networking event or an after-party, having a few business cards on standby when you schmooze will definitely come in handy. Tuck ’em into this nifty little case that’s guaranteed to score a few extra bonus points with your new business connections.
12. Darner X Opening Ceremony Black Glitter Velvet Socks ($42): Two words: velvet socks. Don’t let frigid temps get in the way of achieving style glory. Slip on these luxe velvet numbers — or any other pair of sleek statement socks — with a pair of panache-packed heels to give everything from a ’90s-inspired slip dress to a pair of tailored culottes an extra punch of personality.
13. H&M Slip-Style Dress ($50): A dress with major wear-anywhere potential is prime time when your agenda is stacked and you need your look to carry you from day to night sans problem. This slinky number is the picture of polished perfection by day when teamed with a rib knit turtleneck, statement earrings and block-heeled boots. After-hours, it takes on an undeniable It-girl edge when rocked solo with strappy sandals, a sleek clutch and metal choker.
14. Zara Asymmetric Flap City Bag ($70): A girl needs a solid place to stash her Fashion Month essentials, right? We’ve got our eye on this architectural top handle number that’s equal parts classic femme and modern muse. Roomy enough to hold your phone, chargers, lipstick, water bottle and more, you’ll be set no matter what comes your way.