To say Bella Hadid has taken the fashion industry by storm would be an understatement. The burgeoning supermodel is a fixture in some of the most prestigious events on the fashion calendar and snagged Model of the Year status last December. Like Gigi and Kendall, she’s no stranger to social media either, meaning we’ve gotten plenty of glimpses of Hadid’s off-duty style. Think: denim for days, swoon-inducing bodysuits, edgy hoodies and ‘90s-era accessories for starters. You might not have the cash to drop on Louis Vuitton, Moschino and Chanel like Hadid, but, trust, you can totally channel her edgy style without emptying your savings account. We’ve curated 11 quintessential Bella looks and are showing you how to create them on a dime. You can thank us later.
Bright Furry Coat
Bella certainly knows how to rock those super model vibes, and this getup is proof. A sleek, all-black ensemble gives way to a peach-colored topper that packs a punch. Cool girl contrast achieved.
Get the look: ASOS Coat in Chunky Faux Fur ($113): Laced with old world glamour, this copper-colored topper is the piece your wardrobe has been waiting for. Make the mundane feel like a red carpet affair by popping this number on top of distressed denim, sneakers and a chunky knit.
Forget the ’70s — Bella’s signature look is solidly settled in ’90s territory. The evidence? Her enviable collection of classic denim, crop tops and quirky throwback shades that she busts out on the regular.
Get the Look: Urban Outfitters 1992 Slim Oval Sunglasses ($16): If you’re going to throw shade, you might as well do it in style. Protect those peepers with these circular sunnies that would look just as chic styled alongside a ’90s athleisure look as they would with a faux fur coat, skinny jeans and a wrap bodysuit.
Oversized White Shirt
Even Bella can’t deny the merits of a basic button-down. Teamed with everyday denim and fresh white sneaks, it practically epitomizes the concept of casual cool. To put a flirtatious — and totally Bella — twist on the menswear-inspired style, she rocks it knotted just above the navel in lieu of the expected half-tuck alternative.
Get the Look: Madewell Drapey Oversized Boyshirt ($72): Nice and easy does it. As Bella proves time and time again, you don’t need a closet full of OTT pieces to make a major style statement. This essential blouse teamed with side-button track pants and a pair of ankle-strap heels is enough to send your Insta following — and everyone else — into a frenzy.
Every girl needs a signature accessory, and while most might turn to a particular piece of jewelry, bag or pair of block heels, Bella has adopted a badass military hat as her go-to outfit finisher. And we dig it.
4. Free People At Ease Lieutenant Hat ($38): Put that beanie on the back burner. Introducing the don’t-mess cap that will instantly upgrade bohemian dresses and sporty bomber jackets in two seconds flat.
ICYMI: Hadid has a thing for denim-on-denim. And for every ah-mazing pair of patchwork, skinny, distressed and high-waisted jeans you’ll spot her sporting, there’s an equally as eye-catching denim jacket not far behind.
5. BDG Boyfriend Denim Trucker Jacket ($89): Denim jackets are one of those things that will always be in style, so it’s safe to say that stocking up on a few covetable looks is a pretty worthy investment. Consider this stolen-from-your-boyfriend’s-closet piece your new official after-hours topper, the perfect complement to rib knit sweaters, ankle trousers and oversized scarves that will inject your off-duty style with undeniable edge.
Is there a better way to get over an ex than kickin’ it on the beach with your buds? Nope. An arsenal of OMG-worthy suits is essential — obvi — and best believe Bella slays in that department. But would you really expect anything less?
6. Kiini Bikini Top ($165) and Bottom ($120): Remember Kiini, cool girl bathing suit brand that was popping up all over your Insta feed last summer? Well, if the pic above is any indication, their stylish suits have pretty good prospects in 2017 too. It’s a bit of a splurge, but the bohemian style — Bella’s go-to aesthetic for beach bummin’ — is guaranteed to win you all the style points during spring break and beyond.
Much like her sister, Bella can be frequently found pounding the pavement in ultra sleek leggings — even when she’s not hitting the gym. But you won’t be finding any oversized tees in sight — the supermodel styles up her get-fit trousers with sassy cropped separates.
7. Nike Sportswear Bonded Leggings ($100): Just when you thought leggings were headed into the no-go zone, celebs and the front row set gave them new life. To keep your look feeling chic instead of sloppy, partner a sleek cropped pair with a turtleneck, longline sleeveless blazer, structured bag and Stan Smiths FTW.
Punchy toppers make a regular appearance in Hadid’s model-off-duty lineup. From playful pink styles to edgy hooded options, her collection runs the gamut and lends her high-fashion look a refreshingly down-to-earth vibe.
8. Monogram Nudes Boy Fit Sweatshirt ($88): Bella might favor Supreme and Moschino, but we have our hearts and our closets set on this graphic Monogram number. Dress it up Man-Repeller style with jacquard high-waist trousers, fishnet socks and sculptural block heels for a leisurely Saturday spent perusing local galleries.
Metallic Puffer Jacket
Bella basically wins winter with this quicksilver puffer coat that perfectly channels her innate sense of downtown style. If you had any questions about the puffer being back, consider this your answer. (Photo via Ignat/Bauer-Griffen/GC Images)
9. Topshop Crop Funnel Puffer Jacket ($190): Assert your haute sartorial status by ditching snoozy black puffers this season and embracing eye-catching options instead. Whether you’re headed to the studio or exploring a new city, this lovely lilac stunner will keep you toasty and on top of your sartorial game.
Bodysuits and Bella go hand-in-hand. After-hours, she ditches her go-to denim and Vetements track suits to flirt it up in a jaw-dropping number like this. It’s all about balance, amiright?
10. ASOS Body With Placed Lace ($34): Bodycons are so yesterday. When you have a sultry bodysuit like this on standby, there’s only one thing you can do: Head straight to the dance floor. Toss it on with distressed skinny jeans, strappy heels and an oversized bomber jacket, then proceed to turn heads as you paint the town red like only you know how to do.
Bella’s stepper of choice (after classic sneakers, of course)? OTK kicks. This off-duty look is the epitome of lazy-girl chic, with the wow-worthy boots adding a refined feel to an otherwise laid-back sweater dress. Flawless every. Single. Time. (Photo via Marc Piasecki/WireImage)
11. Mango Over-the-Knee Heel Boots ($90): While fussy at first glance, OTK boots are the ultimate layering hack in disguise. For a Monday morning meeting or a hip downtown soiree, pull them on over tights, leggings or skinny jeans for an extra layer of warmth on cold winter nights.
Want more celeb style? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.