13 Breathtaking Feature Walls for Your Wedding Decor
Every wedding reception needs at least one totally drool-worthy element. We vote that yours be a gorgeous feature wall that ties in perfectly with your theme. You can get married in front of it, use it as a photo booth backdrop, have it hanging behind your sweetheart table, or all of the above! We know that the wedding arch has been getting some serious play lately, but we think its cousin, the glam feature wall, is just as spectacular (possibly even more so!). Take a gander at these 13 A+ versions and try to act like you don’t agree.
1. Pink Flower Wall: Pale pink is arguably the prettiest color, and it just so happens to look beautiful with loads of roses and cascading greenery. We think this look is perfectly suited for the totally elegant princess bride. (via Jasmine Lee Photography / Mod Wedding)
2. Quote or Verse Feature Wall: Couples have been using giant quotes and verses to express their love for awhile, but now the practice has blossomed into enchanting feature walls. After all, why not supersize it on your wedding day!? (via Melissa Marshall / Junebug Weddings)
3. Industrial Geometric: If you and your main squeeze are a bit edgy, something less floral and a lot more geometric might be in order. A display like this can be rolled out in any space, but looks best in a venue with an industrial vibe. (via Post Studio Projects)
4. Understated Garden: Keep it simple with a few ferns, some comfy chairs, and painted plywood. This look would be really kind on the pocketbook while bringing all the chill vibes to your reception. (via Amber Phinisee / Junebug Weddings)
5. Simple Hanger: A fantastic feature wall doesn’t have to be intricate and expensive. Simple fringe like this one is all you’ll need to add a touch of minimalist decor to your outdoor nuptials. Throw it on your DIY to-do list for an even more budget-friendly piece! (via Dana Fernandez Photography / Ruffled)
6. Minimalistic Vibes: We’ll always have a special place in our hearts for whitewashed brick, because the decor possibilities are literally endless. That said, we adore this sleek and simple feature wall that’ll keep all eyes on you and your boo, without disrupting the minimalist goodness. (via Love Is a Big Deal / Green Wedding Shoes)
7. Nature-Inspired: Think of it as Mother Nature’s wedding present and embrace the budget-friendly backdrop of a majestic tree. All you’ll need to add is some flowy material and a little extra greenery. (via Bethany Small Photography / Ira + Lucy)
8. Garden Wedding: If you have a green thumb, you might be able to whip this baby up yourself. And if you’re feelin’ super handy, go ahead and build a second one to match, then use it to hold presents and your guest book. (via Heidi Ryder / Ruffled)
10. Wedding-chella: This wilderness wedding knocked it out of the park, er, desert, with its two-toned geometric altar. This piece is another example of a design that’s easily transferrable to the reception for fun, on-theme photos. (via Laura Goldenberger Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
11. Cherry Bohemian: Talk about *breathtaking.* The black, painted window frames and bright flowers contrast each other for maximum pop. Plus, you and your guests will feel like total woodland royalty getting photographed in front of this arrangement. (via Amilia Photography / Ruffled)
12. Boho Inspired: Between the crocheted curtain and the antlers, this setup couldn’t scream “boho-chic” any louder (or better). Once you’re done using this eye-catcher for your nuptials, have it moved to the reception for more gawking. (via Darina Stoda Photography / Festival Brides)
13. Mossy Woodland: If your wedding is centered around your love for the forest, this moss-covered spectacle is right up your alley. Make it even more like a piece of woodland paradise by adding some additional greenery (there’s really never enough). (via Jessica Charles / Green Wedding Shoes)
Want more wedding inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.