The start of another week brings another round of five days back and forth to the office. Luckily it’s an exciting week, as Valentine’s Day is Saturday (today is the last day to order 3D Printed Roses, FYI), Fifty Shades of Grey comes out Friday (perfect for a Galentine’s evening) and SNL has a 40th Anniversary Special to make us all laugh on Sunday. While we may have to wait for the super fun stuff until the weekend arrives, we found a few things to help make the workweek a little more bearable. Indulge yourself below.
1. Fifty Shades of Grey Soundtrack: The sexiest album probably ever doesn’t come out until tomorrow, but you can stream some of the songs from the star-studded soundtrack already on Spotify (sultry numbers from The Weeknd, Sia and Ellie Goulding). We can’t wait for the full release though, which features two (!!!) remixes of Beyoncé songs and new romantic cuts from Annie Lennox, Jessie Ware and a second The Weeknd jam. Be careful not to get too hot and heavy on the transit ride with your seatmate ;)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee (Amazon + iBooks): After news broke last week that HarperCollins is publishing a sequel to the classic novel, titled Go Set a Watchman, we knew we had to devour the still-relevant original again before the new release automatically downloads to our Kindle/iPad on July 14. And that’s exactly what we plan on doing during our mornings every day this week.
3. SNL 40th Anniversary App (available 2/12, iOS + Android): Before all of the funniest + biggest stars hit the stage on Sunday night (seriously, there are so many of them: Tina Fey, Justin Timberlake, Amy Poehler, Emma Stone, Kristen Wiig, Jimmy Fallon, Kanye West, Melissa McCarthy, Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, Taylor Swift, Maya Rudolph, Betty White, Kerry Washington and so, so many more) for the 40th Anniversary Special relive some of the best sketches from the past four decades. Then once you’re done laughing at the classic skits, download the app for SNL emoji + more, available on Thursday.
4. Raising the Ruf: Thanks to BarkPost, we discovered this aww-dorable photo series of a dog going on magical adventures while sleeping. “Adventures While Sleeping” will have you daydreaming of going on journeys outside of your commute, while your eyes water from all the cuteness. *insert heart eyes emoji*
5. What’s Your Emergency?: Ugly Betty‘s Michael Urie teamed up with his boyfriend + his bestie to release a preeeeetty hysterical six-episode web series. Based in the town of Hell, Michigan, the comedy chronicles the misadventures of the town’s 911 call center operators. With special guests like America Ferrera and Alan Cumming, this series is guaranteed to get you LOLing on the bus for more than just this week. After getting sucked into the entire show after a quick look at the trailer, you’re gonna be hoping for a second season ASAP.
What’s your commute must-have? Let us know in the comments.