It’s no secret that we are pretty fond of metallic lip looks here at Brit + Co. But if you thought they would be way too much for you, we totally get it. There’s still a way to get in on the whole shine and shimmer trend without going OTT. Enter foil eyeshadows — AKA the most trend-right way to up your usual matte makeup. Available in bold shades like black and subtle tones like dusty pink, how can you go wrong? Here are six we can’t wait to wear this spring.
1. Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow ($32): Buying new makeup is enough of a budget buster (le sigh), but having to get matching brushes and primer too? Forget it! Luckily, with this shadow, you get a primer included. Just apply it with your fingertips for the right look. For reals. So easy.
2. Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Eye Shadow ($25): Speaking of getting a two-for-one deal, apply the cream shadow portion of this duo for the perfect daytime base. Then take it to another level before your night out with the foil finish top coat. You’ll be ready to shine.
3. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Eye Shadow ($7): Some metallics can be uncomfortable or harsh on your lids, but this gentle option gives you a long-lasting cream formula that goes on smooth. We’ve got our eyes on the yellow “eternal sunshine” color, which will be so fun for festival season and as the weather heats up.
4. YSL Full Metal Shadow ($30): Use the included applicator to create a liner during the day or cover your full lids for a more bold look.
5. Physicians Formula Extreme Shimmer Gel Cream Eyeshadow ($12): Imagine applying your ahmazing foil look in the a.m. and having it last all day — that’s what this set delivers. Plus, you get a set of three here, so you can mix up your shade depending on your OOTD.
6. Palladio Crushed Metallic Shadow ($7): The colors are also out-of-this-world-fun — just see Nebula (purple) and Zenon (green) for evidence. Be sure to layer them on for a more dramatic nighttime look.
What spring makeup trends are you obsessing over? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations