This Homemade Rainbow Mac and Cheese Recipe Will Change Your Life
Follow the rainbow to the pot of (cheesy) gold — who wouldn't want that?!
- box of elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of flour
- food coloring
Mix butter, milk, cheese, flour and salt in a pot and let melt over medium heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
Pour melted cheese into four small containers and add in food coloring. Stir until combined.
Cook macaroni and then divide evenly into the four separate cheese sauce bowls. Toss the macaroni in the cheese until fully coated.
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
This post has been updated.
- Banish the Box! 24 Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- Step Up Your Donut Game With These Mac 'n' Cheese Donuts - Brit ... ›
- Having One of Those Days? This Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese ... ›
- 3 Vegan Mac and Cheeses That Basically Taste Like the Real Deal ... ›
- Return of the Mac: Basil + Brussels Sprout Mac and Cheese - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Healthy Spins on Mac + Cheese for a Guilt-Free Game Day ... ›
- 14 Veggie Mac and Cheese Recipes for Spring - Brit + Co ›