A Slow Cooker Mac And Cheese Recipe To Make Any Day Better
We've all had those days when all you want is a bowl of something super comforting — and mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food . It's really hard to go wrong with pasta and cheese. But sometimes you can't be bothered to make it. Crock pot to the rescue! Just throw a few ingredients into your slow cooker (no need to pre-cook the pasta), and turn it on. Apart from giving it a quick stir every now and then, that's all there is to it — creamy, cheesy pasta that cooks itself while you settle yourself down in front of your favorite TV show . Heaven!
1. Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, and mix thoroughly.
2. Cook on low for around two and a half to three hours, stirring well every hour until the macaroni is cooked and the sauce has thickened up to your desired consistency.
3. Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, and mix thoroughly. At this point, it will look very liquidy; it will thicken up as the macaroni cooks.
4. Cook on low for around two and a half to three hours, stirring well every hour until the macaroni is cooked and the sauce has thickened up to your desired consistency.
5. The sauce ends up thick and super creamy — a plate of pure comfort.
6. I topped my slow cooker macaroni cheese with a pinch of smoked paprika (my favorite spice ever!) and some fresh parsley, just to give it a bit of color. But if you're going to eat yours on the sofa in front of the TV, add whatever spices or garnish you'd like!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
This post has been updated.
- Microwave Magic: Make This Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese ... ›
- Return of the Mac: Basil + Brussels Sprout Mac and Cheese - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Veggie Mac and Cheese Recipes for Spring - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Healthy Spins on Mac + Cheese for a Guilt-Free Game Day ... ›
- Rainbow Mac and Cheese Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- How to Make Cheese — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›