Having One of Those Days? This Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese Recipe Will Cheer You Right Up!
We've all had those days when all you want is a bowl of something super comforting — and macaroni cheese is the ultimate comfort food. It's really hard to go wrong with pasta and cheese. But sometimes you can't be bothered to make it. Slow cooker macaroni cheese to the rescue! Just throw a few ingredients into your Crock-Pot (no need to pre-cook the pasta), and turn it on. Apart from giving it a quick stir every now and then, that's all there is to it — creamy, cheesy pasta that cooks itself while you settle yourself down in front of Netflix. Heaven!
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
1. Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, and mix thoroughly.
2. Cook on low for around two and a half to three hours, stirring well every hour until the macaroni is cooked and the sauce has thickened up to your desired consistency.
3. Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker, and mix thoroughly. At this point, it will look very liquidy; it will thicken up as the macaroni cooks.
4. Cook on low for around two and a half to three hours, stirring well every hour until the macaroni is cooked and the sauce has thickened up to your desired consistency.
5. The sauce ends up thick and super creamy — a plate of pure comfort.
6. I topped my slow cooker macaroni cheese with a pinch of smoked paprika (my favorite spice ever!) and some fresh parsley, just to give it a bit of color. But if you're going to eat yours on the sofa in front of the TV, add whatever spices or garnish you'd like!
Have you ever tried cooking pasta in the slow cooker? Share your favorite recipes on Twitter @BritandCo!