13 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for the Foodie Mom
You came home to hot meals every night while growing up and your friends swear that your mom is related to Julia Child, Alice Waters and Ina Garten. When you go to Paris, she’s more concerned with the restaurant lineup then seeing the Mona Lisa or the Eiffel Tower. It’s official. You’ve got a foodie mom on your hands. And for the leading feeding lady in your life, we’ve got a Mother’s Day gift guide to all things food related. She’ll be so pleased with any of these picks that she’ll be inspired to whip up your favorite homemade pasta as a thank you. See, we’re always thinking of you.
1. Milk Bottle Measuring Cups ($24): Measuring cups that she’d actually want to keep on the counter? Yup. Made of new bone china, these look like a vintage milk bottle and open up to reveal brightly color-lined cups.
2. Apolis Market Bag ($58): Get mom a perfect tote for her trips to the store or farmers’ market. Waterproof-lined and sporting antique rivets and vegetable-dyed leather straps, the bag provides employment for women in Northern Bangladesh where the jute is harvested. If your mom has big love for the city she lives in or if you want to send love from your city, the totes are available with a variety of city names hand-stamped on them.
3. Bread + Wine by Shauna Niequist ($11): Shauna Niequist writes about the value of food, community and nourishing the soul in this funny and spiritual memoir complete with recipes. For another community-focused cookbook, we really can’t get enough of The Kinfolk Table: Recipes for Small Gatherings.
4. Gather Journal ($20): Does your mom like to keep it fresh and seasonal? What she needs is a subscription to a recipe-driven magazine with wonderful photography and design.
5. Good Eggs Food Delivery: Put together a Good Eggs gift bag for your mom and introduce her to the online ordering/free home delivery company. Like an online farmers market, Good Eggs offers food from local farmers and food makers with a beautiful online menu. Currently, Good Eggs’ service is available in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Brooklyn and New Orleans.
6. Fallen Quills Dishtowel ($18): For the free spirit foodie, a plumin’ pretty dishtowel. Gift it on its own, or wrap another little prezzie in the towel and make it a two-for-one deal.
7. DIY Breakfast in Bed: DIY breakfast essentials include eggs-in-a-hole, fresh berries. OJ, coffee/tea, handwritten notes, a small vase with flowers, champagne and any other special items all served on a tray! (via The Vivant)
8. Custom Cutting Board ($38): Every time she’s chopping away, remind her — she’s one woman that is beyond awesome.
9. Cuisine Tablet Recipe Holder ($35): Mom might not fully get the dancing woman emoji, and sure, she writes private messages to you as her Facebook status, but one thing she totally gets is how to use her tablet in the kitchen. Show her how she can make better use of it and save it from spills and messes by lending her a stand.
10. Farmers’ Market Basket ($20): They scream summertime, and we think would be best gifted with her favorite homemade item in them. How about a fresh-out-of-the-oven batch of scones, made with love, by you.
11 Cereal Magazine ($20): One more visually stunning reading option to add to the list. Cereal is a quarterly magazine focused on food and travel curated by contributors from all around the world.
12. Babycakes Waffle Maker ($30): Heart-shaped waffles on a stick with powdered sugar! Show your mom how much you heart her… heck, you could even make some for her breakfast in bed and then gift her the maker!
13. Ice Milk Placemats ($35): Foodies gotta have placemats! Neutral placemats serve as a blank slate to colorful tableware and accessories, and the 100% linen placemats come packaged in rustic kraft “market bags” tied with a red string!
Got a foodie mom? What will you be gifting her this Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.