9 French Girl-Inspired Updos to Live in for Summer 2017
Mark our words: The laissez-faire mentality of the French-girl hair trend will reign supreme this summer 2017. With an affinity for overgrown bangs, undone buns, and messy-pretty textures for days, French women have mastered the effortlessly chic updo. So grab your heat-proof beauty products and get to creating one of the nine most perfect French-girl hairstyles to live-in this summer.
1. Undone Banana Bun: French women sport undone hairstyles because not trying too hard is tres chic. Opt for natural looks like this undone banana bun to putt your texture on display.
2. Messy Bun + Fringe: Follain’s lived-in updo tops our list of styles to try. Featuring eye-grazing fringe and soft, face-framing flyaways, she epitomizes the lazy-chic mentality of French beauty.
3. Banana Bun: This banana bun has the lived-in quality we love without the fuss of bobby pins and hairspray. Embrace the messy-pretty look of a ‘do that’s perfectly imperfect for “woke up like this” charm.
4. Hand-Parted Updo With Bangs: A hasty hand-part and mega-volume for days are classic French qualities. This romantic style makes us long for Bardot-inspired hair.
5. Tousled, Textured Updo: The French la-la-LOVE texture. The gently tousled appeal of a casually parted updo is the ideal match for tousled strands.
6. Twist and Tuck: This style is tailor made for those mornings you hit snooze one too many times. (via Beauty High)
7. Messy French Twist: Looking to add French-girl flare to more formal occasions? Bobby pins and hairspray secure the shape of this beehive bun, which is teased at the crown for extra height. (via Once Wed)
8. Chignon: On extra muggy summer days, a chignon is perfect for keeping your locks tidy and contained. Le sigh.
9. Textured Braided Bun: Combine two French-girl staples (chignon and braids) for your nine-to-five and warm-weather weddings. A plaited bun is an ah-mazing way to ensure that hot summer days don’t damage your ‘do.
Looking to perfect your French-girl style? Follow us on Pinterest!