When it comes to your favorite summer cocktails, they almost always include a light liquor, like gin, vodka, or tequila. If you’re tired of margarita recipes, and college ruined vodka for you, refreshing gin drinks are your new go-to. To open up a whole new world beyond the classic G&T, mix these 12 tasty cocktail recipes.
1. Strawberry Gin Smash Cocktail: When you have a lot of pent-up aggression, the best thing you can do is take it out on some fruit to make a cocktail. This strawberry gin smash will grant you that stress relief while muddling, and relaxation from the refreshing combo of berries and gin. (via The Kitchn)
3. Basil-Cucumber Gin Cooler: The combination of cucumber and lemon in a beverage is the definition of refreshing. Add to that a nip of gin, a splash of seltzer, and a basil leaf, and you’ll feel as cool as that cucumber. (via Skinnytaste)
4. Blood Orange Elderflower Gin Cocktail: Thankfully, you probably already have all of the ingredients to make this citrusy cocktail at home. If blood oranges are out of season, navel OJ will do just fine. (via The Little Epicurean)
6. English Garden Cocktail: With a name like that, you know this drink won’t leave you feeling heavy and sluggish with every sip. In fact, the cucumber, lime, and mint might just help you beat the bloat. (via The Veg Space)
7. Fig, Vanilla Bean, and Gin Cocktail: Around August and September, the glorious season of fresh figs brings the culinary world to its knees. Stock up while you can and mix up this cocktail in the process. (via The Homemade Haus)
10. Matcha-Gin Cocktail: Anytime a cocktail can make you feel better instead of worse is a very good thing. This matcha and gin drink will give you a quick burst of energy to start, with a relaxing finish and an earthy flavor throughout. (via Tasting Table)
11. Fresh Peach Gin and Tonic: This Georgia twist on a classic gin and tonic will have you slappin’ your knee, it’s so good. Be sure to save those gin-soaked peaches for a boozy bite when your drink is gone. (via How Sweet It Is)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cocktail recipes!