9 Fun Summer Cocktails No One Else Will Bring to the Potluck
Summer get-togethers are for BBQ, hot dogs and beer. At your next shindig, in addition to lagers and shandys, try serving up some unique cocktails to really make your party stand out. It’s a nice way to shake things up a bit. A signature drink is a simple way to make a party memorable. We’ve rounded up nine unique beverages that will make your soiree the toast of the season.
1. Beach House Cosmo: We love a classic cosmopolitan, but this twist on an old favorite is perfect for summer. The addition of limeade makes this thirst quencher the perfect treat for hanging poolside. (via Recipe Girl)
2. Peach Sweet Tea: When it comes to summer fiestas, we typically think of reserving bourbon for mint juleps. This alcoholic version of a classic Southern refreshment is perfect for dinner with friends on the patio. (via Host the Toast)
3. Sex in the Driveway: The beach may be where we want to be spending our summer nights, but if you’re miles away from the ocean, there’s a cocktail to help you beat the blues. This spin on a classic cocktail features blue curacao and peach schnapps and will liven up even the most humble get-together. (via Top Inspired)
5. Sherbet Mimosas: If you’re hosting a brunch, you want your guests to remember this easy two-ingredient drink that looks elegant. Substitute orange sherbet for orange juice and you have a mimosa you’ll never forget. (via Picklee)
6. Grapefruit Fennel Fizz: If you’re looking for a drink that combines sweet, tart and savory flavors, this is the one. The grapefruit, fennel and honey add an interesting balance to the tequila. (via Jojotastic)
7. Pineapple Cooler: We’d all love to head to an island in the Pacific and spend the summer months lounging on a calm beach. While that might not be in all of our budgets, we can get a taste of the south seas with this rum concoction featuring pineapple and coconut milk. (via Pizzazzerie)
8. Cherry Vanilla Dirty Coke: Juice isn’t everyone’s favorite mixer. For those who prefer soda, this drink is more interesting than a rum and coke and is perfect for a summer Rockabilly-themed party. (Cupcakes and Kale Chips).
What’s your go-to summer cocktail? Share with us in the comments.